Guide for Drivers
Stopped for DUI in Colorado
- Do not answer any questions other than name and address.
- Do not agree to perform roadside tests.
- Do not agree to have your eyes tested.
- Choose a blood test. Breath test results can not be verified.
- If a blood test is not possible, take a breath test but make sure your request was noted.
- Be polite. Produce requested documents.
- Under the new felony law, the stakes are now much higher if you have three prior lifetime convictions any where in the US.
If you have priors and if you could be over the limit, refuse all testing.