Colorado DMV Rights
Fight to save your license! If you drive after losing your license, you
may have to pay a $10,000.00 bond to get out of jail. You also will face a
minimum 30 days in jail as a sentence.
Ignition Interlock Restricted Licenses and Early Reinstatement
If you are here on a visa, you
could be deported, if you drive without a license.
What can I do to save my license?
Read theLicense Statute
- First and foremost, hire an experienced attorney. There are many
factors to consider.
- Request a hearing and request the officer's presence. It will give
you a preview of a trial, a rarity in criminal cases. The officer who
signed the affidavit and notice of hearing must show up and justify the
revocation. Other officers may be subpoened. If you surrender a valid license, you may drive until your hearing.
- Retest the sample if you chose blood. Testing errors may save your license.
- Investigate the adequacy of the stop. The officer must have had a
reasonable suspicion that a crime or traffic infraction was being
- Investigate the adequacy of the arrest and request for a test. The
officer must have developed a reasonable belief that you were impaired
- Check the times of events. Officers must perform the tests within
- Check the labeling of the sample. It must be identified as being
- Attend the motor vehicle hearing. Listen for fabrications and other
- If you took a test and if it is a first offense and if you were .08 or higher and you had a valid license, you are qualifed for an inerlock license after 30 days.
- If your BAC is 0.17, you may be required to use an interlock for two years.
How to avoid the 10 biggest mistakes most people make after being arrested for DUI.
What Happens After A DUI DWAI Arrest?
There are usually both Motor Vehicle and Court Proceedings to which you must attend. Do not let your rights expire by inaction.
53 Things YOU Need to Know about Your DUI Case that NO ONE is Telling YOU
Mistakes the police make . . . and how they can help you.
The Top 10 Mistakes Lawyers Make in Drunk Driving Cases. . . And How To Avoid Them
Rights in a Colorado DUI
It is very important to understand them.
Calculate Your Blood Alcohol Content
It makes a difference.
Colorado DUI Penalties
What you are facing. Get Out of Jail cards are not free.
What Can I Do to Save My License?
Fight to save your license! If you drive after losing your license, you face substantial penalties.
Maps, addresses, phone numbers. Where to request a DMV hearing to fight to save your license.
There are many possible challenges that can be made to the charges you are facing.