Law Office of Jim Forslund
Top DUI News for the Week of April 29th - May 5th in the year Two Thousand and Thirteen
- Sunday, May 5th, 2013
Conservative candidate steps down over impaired driving incident
B.C. Conservative Leader John Cummins has confirmed the party's North Vancouver-Lonsdale candidate Jeff Sprague has stepped down after allegedly driving while impaired.
- Saturday, May 4th, 2013
Luera arrested for DUI, prohibited weapon
Tony Luera was arrested on Wednesday for driving while intoxicated and carrying a prohibited weapon after combating officers during his arrest.
- Friday, May 3rd, 2013
Motorist found asleep in car at pub is charged with driving drunk
FAIRFIELD TWP. – David Strahan, 48, of East Brunswick, was arrested for driving under the influence on Friday, April 26, when the police found him asleep in his car in the driveway of the Field House
- Thursday, May 2nd, 2013
Nova Scotia toughens drunk driving laws
People convicted of driving drunk with a child in the car face tougher penalties in Nova Scotia starting on Wednesday.
- Wednesday, May 1st, 2013
OVI checkpoint nets impaired drivers
Deputies arrested four drivers under the influence Friday night from a focus on removing impaired drivers from area roadways. Between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m., 425 vehicles were checked for impaired drivers and violations along the 700 block of West First Street. Anita Biles, Clark County OVI Task Force Administrator, said a total of 3 DUI arrests were made from the vehicles checked ...
- Tuesday, April 30th, 2013
Stiffer OWI laws could be costly
Measures that would boost penalties for drunken driving would cost $250 million a year and send thousands more people to jail or prison, according to estimates provided by state agencies that would be charged with implementing the proposals.
- Monday, April 29th, 2013
Jeffrey Wright Arrested For DWI In New York
Jeffrey Wright was arrested for DWI in New York City on Saturday. Authorities explained that the actor was pulled over in the early hours of the morning. He was behind the wheel of a Toyota Tacoma at around 3 am when police stopped him for a traffic violation. Officers detected alcohol on Jeffrey Wright’s breath [...] Jeffrey Wright Arrested For DWI In New York is a post from: The Inquisitr
Top DUI News, Sunday, May 5th, 2013
- DWI report: Racing leads to DWI arrest
- Two drivers accused of racing at speeds higher than 110 mph on #U.S. 264 were charged on April 27 with speed competition, and one also is #cited with driving while impaired.
- The Daily Reflector - May 05 12:56am
- Hamburg man charged with DUI
- A #Hamburg man was charged with a felony count of driving while #impaired by drugs in Buffalo Tuesday night.
- The Buffalo News - Apr 24 12:02pm
- #DWI report: Man's case reinstated
- Driving while impaired and reckless #driving charges from 2003 were reinstated against an Ayden man after #he was charged on April 12 again with DWI.
- The Daily #Reflector - Apr 21 12:56am
- Driving While Impaired -'€¦ - News #Images
- Patchogue driver indicted in deadly crash - #WABC '€“ NY via Yahoo! News
- Roseboro man charged with DWI in child's hit-and-run #death
- A Sampson County truck driver was #charged with driving while impaired, involuntary #manslaughter and several other charges Wednesday in the hit-and-run death of #a 7-year-old girl at a bus stop Tuesday afternoon.
- WRAL.com Raleigh - Apr 24 08:53am
- #Rochester Hills woman charged in DUI had license suspended 24 #times
- A woman arrested Sunday for #driving while impaired could face multiple charges #after it was discovered she was driving on a license that had been #suspended 24 separate times.
- Detroit News - Apr 10 #08:55pm
- Colorado #driving-while-stoned bill goes up in smoke once #again
- Colorado's third attempt to define #when someone is too stoned to drive through the adoption of a blood-THC #limit went the way of its predecessors Monday when it was killed in the #state Senate'€™s judiciary committee, much to the surprise of those who have #tirelessly campaigned against it and expected it to pass.
- The Daily Caller via Yahoo! News - Apr 23 #11:20pm
- Man convicted eight times for driving while #under suspension
- A Woodstock man, already #convicted seven times of driving while disqualified, pleaded #to the charge for eighth time Tuesday morning.
- London #Free Press - Apr 30 11:06am
- Conservative candidate steps down over #impaired driving incident
- B.C. Conservative #Leader John Cummins has confirmed the party's North Vancouver-Lonsdale #candidate Jeff Sprague has stepped down after allegedly driving #while impaired.
- CBC #via Yahoo! Canada News - Apr 22 10:39am
- #DWI report: Driver charged again
- An Ayden #man convicted four times of driving while impaired and #charged last month with the same crime was stopped again on April 19 and now #has a second pending charge.
- The Daily Reflector - #Apr 28 12:55am
- Police say three drivers impaired at #wheel
- Police say three drivers #impaired at wheel Agyemang H. Mcleod, 25, of Albany, was stopped #Saturday for allegedly not having his headlights on and was charged with #first-degree driving while ability impaired by drugs, #operating without a driver's license, second-degree aggravated #unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and operating without headlights. #[...] on Saturday Tricia Nixon, 40, of ...
- Albany #Times Union - Apr 29 10:18pm
Top DUI News, Saturday, May 4th, 2013
- Luera arrested for DUI, prohibited weapon
- Tony Luera was arrested on Wednesday for driving #while intoxicated and carrying a prohibited weapon after #combating officers during his arrest.
- Alice Echo-News Journal - May 02 #09:58am
- Newtown Ambulance Squad #defends its operations, denies 'cover up...#- The Advance
- Driver Arrested For DUI #After Hitting Glenpool Guardrail - News On 6 #Tulsa
- all 3 news articles
- BLOTTER: Week of April 26
- East Windsor Melvin Gutierrez-Centeno, 42, of Princeton Arms #North 2, was charged with driving while intoxicated at #2 a.m. April1 15. The officer observed a 1994 Nissan traveling west on Route #571. The vehicle was speeding and failed to dim its high beams to oncoming #traffic, police said, adding that the vehicle was observed to be swerving. #Police said the driver, Mr. Gutierrez-Centeno had an ...
- Windsor-Hights Herald - May 03 10:23pm
- Official: DPS official charged with drunken driving #will be suspended with pay
- 6:19 p.m. #update: Richard Lee Hooks will be suspended with pay after he was charged #with driving while intoxicated early Thursday morning, #said Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman Tom Vinger.
- Austin American-Statesman - May 02 12:49pm
- Exeter #Police Logs, April 21-27
- 2:12 a.m. '€” Oscar #Wong, 35, of Nashua, was arrested on a charge of driving while #intoxicated. Wong was released on $2,500 personal recognizance bail #10:58 a.m. '€” Motor vehicle accident on Portsmouth Avenue.
- Exeter News-Letter - May 03 02:11pm
- Onalaska woman arrested for 3rd offense #OWI
- An Onalaska woman, who police say was #driving without a valid license, faces a 3rd offense operating #while intoxicated (OWI) charge.
- WKBT La #Crosse - May 03 02:19pm
- Two state public safety officials charged with #DWI
- Two Texas Department of Public Safety #employees '€” including a high-ranking official '€” have been charged with #driving while intoxicated in separate #incidents.
- Austin American-Statesman - May 02 #05:25pm
- Police Blotter 04/29/13
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED, 1:35 p.m., #April 22. Police responded to the parking lot of the Hunterdon Medical #Center in reference to a motor vehicle accident involving a 2000 Chevrolet #Truck that struck two parked cars, police said. Police charged Winton #Feigum, 57, of Hampton, with driving while intoxicated, #careless driving, reckless driving, and failure to report an #accident.
- MyCentralJersey.com - Apr 27 #10:02pm
- Bergen County Police charge driver in Little Ferry with DWI, #possession of daggers
- An East Orange man #was arrested early Thursday on Route 46 in Little Ferry and charged with #driving while intoxicated and possession of two illegal #daggers that were tucked into his waistband, authorities said.
- The Record - May 02 06:00pm
- Two charged with drunk driving in #Southold early Friday
- Southold Police made #two driving while intoxicated arrests, one in Greenport #and the other in Mattituck, only minutes apart early Friday morning, #according to reports. At 3:24 a.m. police stopped Angel Gonzalez Jr..27, of #Mattituck, who was behind the wheel of a 2005 GMC Denali, near the #intersection of Route 25 and Factory Avenue in [...]
- The Suffolk Times - May 03 07:10am
- Schenectady man #heads to prison for driving 140 mph while #intoxicated
- A Schenectady man is #heading to prison for driving 140 miles per hour while drunk #and seriously injuring his passenger. Not only that, prosecutors say Anton #Hawkins recorded his antics on video.
- WNYT Albany - #May 02 03:48pm
Top DUI News, Friday, May 3rd, 2013
- Ban for driving under #influence of drugs
- Blood analysis by #a forensic scientist proved a Pinchbeck man was driving under #the influence of the banned substance #ketamine.
- Spalding Today - May 02 #11:33am
- Teen initially charged with #driving under influence of marijuana in fatal crash to #serve probation
- Harley J. Mellentine was #sentenced Wednesday for a misdemeanor charge of committing a motor vehicle #moving violation causing death in the Nov. 22, 2011, crash death of #Mark Burkhart.
- The Saginaw News - May 02 #11:00am
- Motorist found asleep in car at pub is charged with #driving drunk
- FAIRFIELD TWP. '€“ David #Strahan, 48, of East Brunswick, was arrested for driving under #the influence on Friday, April 26, when the police #found him asleep in his car in the driveway of the Field #House
- The Progress - May 03 #12:24am
- Vt. grandmother charged with DUI, 3 kids in #car - WPTZ Burlington
- Rare drink driving charge highlights #need for response... - The New Zealand #Herald
- Man riding ATV hit by car, charged with #DUI - Peninsula Clarion
- all 10 news articles
- One in Four Teens Admits to #Driving Under the Influence and Many Believe It #Does Not Impact Their Safety
- BOSTON, April #25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The coming months will be filled with #celebration as millions of teenagers mark prom and graduation as the #end of a school year or even their high school careers ...
- PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance - Apr 25 #03:00am
- Drunken #driving drops since law amended
- The number of drunken driving cases has dropped #dramatically in China since May 1, 2011, when an amended law that imposes #harsher punishment on drunken drivers took effect, according to the #Ministry of Public Security.
- China Economic Net - May #02 08:38pm
- 1 in 4 teens admits driving #under the influence
- Prom kicks off a dangerous driving season for #teenagers.
- KKCO Grand Junction - May 01 #09:48pm
- #Chronicle/News police reports April 28
- Abington DUI '€¦ Jeremy Helstrom, 37, Anselm Road, Elkins Park, #was charged with driving under the influence of #alcohol or a controlled substance, careless driving and related #charges March 2 after police observed a silver Nissan Pathfinder with heavy #front-end damage fleeing the scene of an single-vehicle accident in #the 1700 block of Fitzwatertown Road after it hit a utility pole at #7:42 a.m ...
- Times Chronicle & Glenside News & The #Globe - May 02 11:07pm
- Public #Spirit police reports April 28
- Abington DUI #'€¦ Jeremy Helstrom, 37, Anselm Road, Elkins Park, was charged with #driving under the influence of alcohol or a #controlled substance, careless driving and related charges March 2 #after police observed a silver Nissan Pathfinder with heavy front-end damage #fleeing the scene of an single-vehicle accident in the 1700 #block of Fitzwatertown Road after it hit a utility pole at 7:42 a.m #...
- Public Spirit & The Willow Grove Guide - May 03 #12:39am
- One Quarter Of Teens Drive #Under The Influence
- Nearly one in every four American teenagers drives #under the influence, according to a study (survey) #published by Liberty Mutual and Students Against Destructive Decisions #(SADD). The authors added that many teens who were surveyed believe #driving under the influence does not affect #their safety. It won't be long before millions of American teens #celebrate prom and graduation to mark either the ...
- Medical News Today - Apr 28 01:17am
- Indian Valley police reports: Week of April #28
- DUI Alissa Vaughn Garis, 46, of #Souderton, faces charges of driving under the #influence after officers on patrol found an occupied running vehicle #in the parking lot of a private business on Easton Road in Nockamixon #Township about 12:32 a.m. April 21, Pennsylvania State Police at Dublin #said.
- Souderton Independent - May 02 #11:47pm
Top DUI News, Thursday, May 2nd, 2013
- Drunk #driving restrained by tougher penalties
- The number of drunk-driving cases have plummeted #in China since May 1, 2011, when an amended law that imposes harsher #punishments on drunk drivers took effect.
- China Economic Net - May 01 05:39pm
- Man faces 8 drunk driving-related charges in #woman's death
- A Lakeville man is now #facing eight drunk driving-related charges in connection with #the death of a Moncton-area mother of two.
- CBC via #Yahoo! Canada News - Apr 29 09:31am
- Nova Scotia toughens drunk driving laws
- People convicted of driving drunk with a child #in the car face tougher penalties in Nova Scotia starting on #Wednesday.
- CBC via Yahoo! Canada News - May 01 #12:34pm
- Catching #Fire's Jeffrey Wright Arrested For Drunk Driving In New #York City (Reports)
- Jeffrey Wright was arrested for #drunk driving in New York City on Saturday, according to #multiple reports.
- Access #Hollywood via Yahoo! News - Apr 28 11:09am
- Indiana cop accused in fatal drunk-driving #crash arrested again
- An Indianapolis police #officer who faces drunk-driving charges for allegedly crashing #into two motorcycles with his patrol car in 2010, killing one rider, has #been arrested again on suspicion of drunk driving.
- 22 WSBT South Bend - Apr 29 03:03am
- Man faces 8 #drunk driving-related charges in woman's death
- A Lakeville man is now facing eight drunk #driving-related charges in connection with the death of a #Moncton-area mother of two.
- CBC New #Brunswick - Apr 29 09:42am
- Woman facing #drunk driving charge - Sampson #Independent
- Billings woman sentenced for #driving into bicyclist - Billings #Gazette
- Police: Woman Drove Drunk At 107 MPH - #WROC Rochester
- all 12 news #articles
- Woman accused of #killing baby while driving drunk is free on #bond
- Constance JohnsonCourtesy of WCSO A #37-year-old Ypsilanti Township woman accused of killing her 6-week-old son #while driving drunk was released from jail on a personal #recognizance bond when arraigned on homicide charges earlier this month, #court records indicate. Constance...
- MLive.com - 1 #hour, 12 minutes ago
- Macomb man faces 10th drunk driving charge in #Chesterfield
- A Macomb Township man with a #lengthy record of drinking and driving soon may face a 10th #conviction.
- The Voice - Apr 30 #04:18am
- Seattle family speaks out against drunk #driving
- A Seattle man who lost his #parents and whose wife and infant son were critically injured by a #drunk driver is speaking out against driving under the #influence.
- Seattle Times - Apr 30 #01:56pm
- Supreme #Court rules against police in drunk driving #case
- A man charged with drunk #driving won his case at the U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday, after #the justices concluded police should have first obtained a warrant before #conducting a blood test against his will, shortly after arrest.
- CNN - Apr 17 09:24am
Top DUI News, Wednesday, May 1st, 2013
- OVI checkpoint planned for Columbia-Tusculum, #Milford
- The Hamilton County OVI Task #Force announced that two checkpoints are planned for this weekend in the #Tri-State.
- FOX 19 Cincinnati - Apr 19 #02:09pm
- 1 arrested at Trotwood OVI checkpoint
- One person was arrested Friday evening during an OVI #sobriety checkpoint. The Montgomery County Combined Agency OVI Task #Force, a combination of multiple police agencies, are staged in the 1000 #block of Shiloh Springs Road until 10:30 p.m. checking driver's licenses as #well as for violations that include Operating a Vehicle Intoxicated, seat #belts and texting while driving, Trotwood Sgt. Brent ...
- WHIO-TV 7 Dayton - Apr 19 06:54pm
- OVI checkpoint nets impaired drivers
- Deputies arrested four drivers under the influence Friday #night from a focus on removing impaired drivers from area roadways. Between #the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m., 425 vehicles were checked for #impaired drivers and violations along the 700 block of West First Street. #Anita Biles, Clark County OVI Task Force Administrator, said a total #of 3 DUI arrests were made from the vehicles checked ...
- WHIO-TV 7 Dayton - Apr 27 05:39pm
- #Municipal Court
- CASES CALLED MONDAY #INCLUDED: Racheal Leann Adams, 24, of 1181 Gonder St., criminal damaging, #innocent, continued. Roy L. Anderson, 47, of 2734 Berger Ave., OVI, #innocent, continued, bond $10,000; OVI, driving under suspension - #operator'€™s license forfeiture, failure to drive on right, innocent, #continued. Preety Ardra, 31, of 899 B. Stone Crossing Lane, buy/furnish #beer/liquor, guilty, assessed ...
- Springfield #News-Sun - Apr 30 04:09pm
- OVI checkpoint scheduled in Springdale
- Police will be holding an OVI checkpoint on the 11700 #block of Springfield Pike in Springdale from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday #night.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer - Apr 12 #05:36am
- OVI checkpoint in Milford
- The Hamilton County OVI Task Force is holding an #OVI checkpoint in Milford tonight.
- The #Cincinnati Enquirer - Apr 20 07:49am
- State troopers to hold OVI checkpoint #Saturday night
- The Ohio State Highway #Patrol will be holding an OVI checkpoint from 10pm until 2:30am #Saturday night on State Route 105 (Wooster St.) in Wood County.
- Toledo News Now - Apr 27 04:32pm
- Ovi takes on Geno in first #Play of the Year Showdown match
- Go to #TSN.ca for details. #TSN
- TSN - Apr 29 #09:58am
- #Municipal Court
- CASES CALLED THURSDAY #INCLUDED: Cesar Martinez, 26, of 2550 N. Limestone St., Apt. 206, #OVI, guilty, 33 days jail with 30 days suspended, three days credit #for time served, 12 months driver's license suspension, six months #probation, fined $375; OVI, driving without valid license, marked #lanes, no seat belt, dismissed. Joseph Alan Weese, 26, of 1215 W. Mulberry #St., two counts violation of ...
- Springfield News-Sun #- Apr 26 11:30am
- Hamilton County To Stage 2 #OVI Checkpoints
- The Hamilton County #OVI Task Force have announced two checkpoints for April 19 and April #20.
- Local 12 Cincinnati - Apr 19 #05:05am
Top DUI News, Tuesday, April 30th, 2013
- Man arrested in Kenosha for OWI with child in the #vehicle
- KENOSHA (WITI) '€” Officials in #Kenosha early Sunday, April 28th arrested 23-year-old Devonta Smith of #Chicago for his first OWI....
- FOX 6 Milwaukee #- Apr 28 11:28am
- Stiffer #OWI laws could be costly
- Measures #that would boost penalties for drunken driving would cost $250 million a #year and send thousands more people to jail or prison, according to #estimates provided by state agencies that would be charged with implementing #the proposals.
- Wausau Daily Herald - Apr 29 #02:40am
- Lafayette #OWI checkpoint scheduled for tonight
- Tonight, between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m., the #Lafayette Police Department will be conducting an OWI Checkpoint #within the incorporated limits of Lafayette.
- The #Lafayette Daily Advertiser - Apr 26 10:02am
- #Lafayette Police Release OWI Checkpoint Results
- During the course of Friday night's operation 974 vehicles #passed through the checkpoint located in the 1800 West Pinhook Road. Of #those vehicles, 33 drivers were stopped for secondary testing. A total of 2 #drivers were arrested and charged with OWI. Below is a list of the #individuals arrested. 1. Vandy L. Hargrave (28), OWI, Reg., Resisting #an officer by giving false information ...
- KATC 3 #Lafayette - Apr 27 01:25pm
- Beltline speeder arrested #on suspicion of fourth OWI
- A Madison #man was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated #after hitting 80 mph on the West Beltline Highway, according to police. #Police said an officer on patrol was passed by a speeding SUV at about 11:24 #p.m. Saturday. The SUV was weaving in and out of the traffic lane and nearly #struck the barrier between the eastbound and westbound lanes, according to #police. The ...
- WISC-TV Madison - Apr 29 #10:11am
- Woman arrested for 4th #OWI after driving into oncoming traffic
- A woman from Milwaukee has been arrested for her fourth #OWI after being pulled over Tuesday afternoon by a Milwaukee County #Sheriff's deputy.
- TMJ4 Milwaukee - Apr 24 #01:22pm
- #37-year-old Milwaukee woman arrested for 4th OWI
- MILWAUKEE (WITI) '€” 37-year-old Carlene KUbera of Milwaukee was #arrested Tuesday, April 23rd for OWI, fourth offense. According to #officials,...
- FOX 6 Milwaukee - Apr 24 #10:18am
- OWI task forces to hit the road this weekend
- The Brown County OWI Task Force is set to deploy this #weekend in an effort to deter drunk drivers on what may be slippery #roads.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette - Apr 12 #02:10am
- OWI Task Force officers make six OWI arrests on #Opening Day
- SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN (WITI) '€” #OWI Task Force officials have released results from its Opening Day #increased OWI enforcements that took...
- FOX 6 #Milwaukee - Apr 02 12:29pm
- Man convicted of fifth OWI picked up child at school, police #say
- A Baraboo man police said was drunk #when he picked up a child from school and then caused a car crash was #convicted Monday of his fifth OWI and a charge of hit and #run.
- Baraboo News Republic - Apr 29 #09:26pm
Top DUI News, Monday, April 29th, 2013
- DWI Checkpoints Appear Near Yankee #Stadium
- Some Yankees fans were surprised to find #four police DWI checkpoints set up in the vicinity of Yankee Stadium #in the Bronx Friday night, snarling traffic as fans tried to make their way #home.
- CBS New York - Apr 28 #01:41pm
- DWI report: Driver charged again - The Daily Reflector
- Two Men #Injured, One Charged with DWI in Steuben Co... - Indiana's NewsCenter
- DWI license revocations announced - New Hampshire Union Leader
- all 16 news #articles
- Cops set up DWI checkpoints near Yankee #Stadium
- Take me out to the precinct! Boozy #Bomber fans might want to pass the car keys to sober friends '€” as #crackerjack cops set up DWI checkpoints near Yankee Stadium to catch #drivers running afoul of the law, The Post has learned. A Post reporter was #stopped while driving home Friday...
- New York Post - #Apr 27 09:28pm
- Meetings watch April 25 #DWI Task Force
- The Curry County #DWI Task Force met Thursday at the Curry County Courthouse for a #quarterly meeting. The task force is comprised of local and state law #enforcement, Cannon Air Force Base person...
- Clovis #News Journal - Apr 25 09:26pm
- Advocates of DWI bills dismayed by #inaction
- AUSTIN - There have been three #high-profile cases of driving while intoxicated in Austin while the Texas #Legislature has been in session this year - including one in which a #lawmaker was arrested.
- Amarillo Globe-News - Apr 26 #09:14pm
- Jeffrey Wright Busted for #DWI
- It's safe to say Jeffrey #Wright's weekend didn't get off to the best start. The 47-year-old #Hunger Games: Catching Fire actor was busted for DWAI (driving while #ability...
- E! Online - Apr 28 #08:52am
- Thousands Of DWI Cases Could Be Thrown Out After #Ruling
- Thousands of DWI cases could #be tossed out because of a Supreme Court ruling.
- CBS #Minnesota - Apr 18 04:55pm
- STOP DWI baseball classic begins #Friday in Rome
- Oneida County Youth #Bureau's second annual STOP DWI High School Baseball Classic is #Friday and Saturday at DeLutis Field in Rome.
- The #Observer-Dispatch - Apr 22 04:42pm
- Jeffrey Wright Arrested For DWI In New York
- Jeffrey Wright was arrested for DWI in New York #City on Saturday. Authorities explained that the actor was pulled over in #the early hours of the morning. He was behind the wheel of a Toyota Tacoma #at around 3 am when police stopped him for a traffic violation. Officers #detected alcohol on Jeffrey Wright'€™s breath [...] Jeffrey Wright Arrested #For DWI In New York is a post from: The Inquisitr
- The Inquisitr - Apr 28 07:16am
- Teen arrested for DWI after man is injured in #head-on crash - KTSM El Paso
- all 3 news #articles
- #License revocations for DWI announced
- The Director of Motor Vehicles, Richard C. Bailey Jr., #released the following list of Driving While Intoxicated revocations noting #that the actual date of revocation may have preceded this #announcement.
- New Hampshire Union Leader - Apr 28 #09:11pm
- Charlotte defense lawyer charged with #DWI
- A high-profile Charlotte defense attorney #was arrested Monday on a DWI charge after N.C. Highway Patrol #troopers stopped him for speeding on Interstate 85. Norman Butler, 61, was #pulled over on I-85 at the Mallard Creek exit at 10:54 p.m., according to #Mecklenburg County arrest records.
- The Charlotte Observer - Apr 25 01:18pm
Stories of the WeekSkip to Content
April 22nd - April 28th Driver, 88, charged in Midtown DWI mayhem
April 15th - April 21st Driver, 88, charged in Midtown DWI mayhem
April 8th - April 14th Driving High: When are you impaired?
April 1st - April 7thVehicle strikes Riverside City Hall
March 25th - March 31stDWI activist to DWI suspect
March 18th - March 24thCounty commissioner sentenced for drunken driving
March 11th - March 17thWoman accused of impersonating sister during OWI arrest
March 4th - March 10thColorado Explores the Cloudy Future of Driving While High
February 25th - March 3rdUtah trooper accused of making bogus DUI arrests
February 18th - February 24thOVI Driver, Beer Supplier Each Charged In Athens OVI Crash
February 11th - February 17thMerrimack police arrest man for allegedly being too impaired to navigate drive-thru
February 4th - February 10thDrunk man charged drunk driving inside FL Walmart
January 28ty - February 3rdColo. offense can't be used to enhance Neb. DUI sentence
January 21st - January 27thMan charged with 11th OWI uses insanity plea
January 14th - January 20thDenver police officer charged with DUI hired despite prior conviction
January 7th - January 13thDepardieu Blows Off Prosecutor, Will Stand Trial for Drunk Driving
December 31st - January 6thOver 800 booked in Mumbai for drunk driving
2011 Stories of the Year : DUI at the End of the World 2012
2011 Stories of the Year : Snared By Draconian Drunk Driving Laws
2010 Stories of the Year : Party On
2009 Stories of the Year : Over the Legal Limit 2009
2008 Stories of the Year : Drunk Driving Bonanza 2008
2007 Stories of the Year : The Best and Worst of 2007END
Back to Colorado DUI Front Page