Law Office of Jim Forslund
DUI News for the Week of October 22nd - October 28th in the year Two Thousand and Twelve
- Top DUI News, Sunday, October 28th, 2012
Top court acquits Quebec man found drunk in parked vehicle
The Supreme Court of Canada has restored the acquittal of a Quebec man who was charged with operating a vehicle while impaired, after he was found passed out in his parked pickup truck as he waited for a designated-driver service.
- Saturday, Ocotber 27th, 2012:
Augusta Treasurer charged with DWI
Augusta County Treasurer Richard Homes has been charged with driving while intoxicated first offense in Harrisonburg and is set to be in court on the case Nov. 15.
- Friday, October 26th, 2012
DJ Williams sentenced to 30-day home arrest
DENVER (AP) -- Denver Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams will serve 30 days under home arrest for driving under the influence but not until after the season.
- Thursday, October 25th, 2012
MELVINDALE: Drunk driver causes cop car crash-up
MELVINDALE — A man was arrested for operating while under the influence after he crashed into a parked police car at about 9:30 p.m. Sept. 24.
- Wednesday, October 24th, 2012
Cops: No apology for trustee OVI arrest
The North Canton Police Department and the city of North Canton said they will not apologize to a Plain Township trustee for arresting him on an OVI charge.
- Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012
Police: OWI suspect resists arrest, bites officer
A suspected drunken driver resisted arrest and struggled with officers, biting one of them Sunday. Madison police requested a Monona police officer check an address in the 4400 block of Wallace Avenue in Monona for a hit-and-run suspect and vehicle at 6 p.m. Sunday. A Monona police officer saw the suspect car traveling down the 4700 block of Wallace Avenue and made a traffic stop on the car. The ...
- Monday, October 22nd, 2012:
Manchester officer facing felony after alleged DWI crash resigns
MANCHESTER ? The Manchester police officer charged with DWI after he crashed his personal car into another vehicle on Interstate-93 Tuesday has resigned from the police department.
Top DUI News, Sunday, October 28th, 2012
- Michigan's Toussaint receives probation
- University of Michigan tailback Fitzgerald Toussaint received #10 months probation, following a guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of #operating a vehicle while impaired.
- The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports - Oct 24 #08:50am
- Daybook: Recent drunken #driving sentencings in Jackson County area
- The following are drinking and driving sentences from #Jackson County District Court. Defendants' home towns were at the time #of sentencing. Jail sentences may be suspended. Operating #while impaired means the driver's blood alcohol level was #0.08 percent...
- The Jackson Citizen Patriot - Oct 26 #06:11am
- Top court acquits Quebec man found drunk in parked #vehicle
- The Supreme Court of Canada has #restored the acquittal of a Quebec man who was charged with operating #a vehicle while impaired, after he was found passed out in his #parked pickup truck as he waited for a designated-driver service
- The Globe and Mail - Oct 26 08:20am
- Michigan RB Toussaint sentenced to probation
- Michigan running back Fitzgerald Toussaint was sentenced to up #to 10 months probation on Tuesday, stemming from his July arrest for #operating while visibly impaired in Ann Arbor, #Mich.
- ESPN - Oct 23 12:44pm
- LI School Bus Driver Arraigned for Impaired #Driving
- A Long Island school bus driver #accused of crashing a bus filled with seventh-graders during a field trip #Monday was arraigned Tuesday on the charge of operating a commercial #vehicle while impaired.
- NBC New York - #Oct 23 09:44am
- Daybook: Recent drunken #driving sentencings in Jackson County
- Mary #Lamb The following are drinking and driving sentences from Jackson County #District Court. Defendants' home towns were at the time of sentencing. #Jail sentences may be suspended. Operating while #impaired means the driver's blood alcohol level was #0.08...
- The Jackson Citizen Patriot - Oct 12 #09:03am
- Michigan RB Fitz Toussaint 'ready to #focus on Nebraska' after sentencing
- Toussaint paid nearly $1,500 in court costs and must attend 10 #Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in the next three months as punishment for his #arrest this summer for drunk driving.
- Detroit News - #Oct 23 01:28pm
- Gloversville man arrested for DWAI and drug #possession
- 46-year-old Clyde Jones was #charged with operating a motor vehicle while impaired #by drugs and unlawful possession of marijuana following a traffic #stop.
- FOX 23 News Albany - Sep 29 #07:55pm
- Cyclist convicted despite sub-0.08 blood-alcohol level
- CASSOPOLIS -- His breath tests registered below Michigan's #minimum 0.08 blood-alcohol limit for drunken driving, yet a Lawrence, Mich., #man has been convicted in Cass County 4th District Court of operating #his motorcycle while under the influence of alcohol.
- 22 WSBT South Bend - Oct 17 01:40pm
- Oneida Financial Corp. #Reports 2012 Third Quarter Operating Results #(unaudited)
- ONEIDA, N.Y., Oct. 26, 2012 #/PRNewswire/ -- Oneida Financial Corp. (NASDAQ Global: ONFC), the parent #company of The Oneida Savings Bank, has announced third quarter #operating results. Net income for the ...
- PR #Newswire via Yahoo! Finance - Oct 26 #01:15pm
Top DUI News, Saturday, Ocotber 27th, 2012
- Minn. Man With 27 DWIs Released #From Prison
- Last year, Minnesota police #officers, county deputies and state patrol officers arrested nearly 30,000 #drivers for driving while intoxicated. Worse yet, for #over 40 percent of them it wasn't their first time.
- CBS Minnesota - Oct 26 04:51pm
- Intoxicated Assault, Drunk Driving Lead to Liability #Questions
- Drunk driving is suspected #in a car accident that killed two people. But while the penalties for #drunk driving are well known, Dallas Car Accident Lawyers comment on #the compensation available for victims is often forgotten.Dallas, TX (PRWEB) #October 23, 2012 Two people were killed and others injured October 1 when a #driver ran a red light and slammed into the back of an SUV reported the #Dallas ...
- PRWeb via Yahoo! News - Oct 25 #02:18pm
- Central Jersey mayhem: a list of incidents
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED, 12:05 p.m., #Oct. 13. Police stopped the vehicle driven by John Coppola, 37, of the #Whitehouse section, on Old Highway 28 after learning that the vehicle's #registration had expired. During the stop, it was determined that Coppola #had been drinking, police said.
- MyCentralJersey.com - #Oct 21 03:17pm
- ATV in flames leads to drunk #driving charge in Clinton Township
- CLINTON TWP. - Police arrested a township man, Ronald #Phillips, Sunday for driving while intoxicated and #driving while suspended after his ATV caught on fire in a #field off Route 626, according to off
- Hunterdon #Review - Oct 25 10:50am
- Police Blotter 10/18/2012
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED, 12:05 p.m., #Oct. 13. Police stopped the vehicle driven by John Coppola, 37, of #Whitehouse, on Old Highway 28 after learning that the vehicle's registration #had expired. During the stop, it was determined that Coppola had been #drinking, police said.
- MyCentralJersey.com - Oct 21 #10:04pm
- Police log
- * Dominique Paul Labonte, 43, of 1048 Sabattus St., on a #charge of domestic assault, 3:03 a.m. Thursday at that address. * Robert #Printz, 52, of 192 Marston Hill Road, on a charge of driving #while intoxicated, 9:20 p.m. Thursday at 90 Mount Auburn #Ave.
- The Lewiston Sun Journal - Oct 26 #07:25pm
- Lubbock County #Detention Center bookings for Oct.23, 24
- TUESDAY 10:55 a.m.- Young man driving while intoxicated. 6:38 #p.m.- Trevor Lane Cannon, 27, 2338 62nd St., Apt.
- Lubbock Avalanche-Journal - Oct 24 #06:34am
- Driver charged #with murder
- A woman charged with driving #while intoxicated in a wreck which killed a popular San Marcos #High School student last summer is being charged with #murder.
- San Marcos Daily Record - #Oct 24 02:15pm
- 150 Arrests Culminate in Murder C... - Yahoo! #Contributor Network via Yahoo! News
- Man #charged in 2 DWIs in 2 months - The #Cabinet
- all 3 news #articles
- Singer Bobby Brown arrested for DUI in Valley #-- again
- Singer Bobby Brown, ex-husband of #the late Whitney Houston, was arrested on suspicion of driving #while intoxicated in Tarzana early Wednesday morning, his #second such arrest in the San Fernando Valley in about six #months.
- Los Angeles Times - Oct 24 #07:44am
- Augusta Treasurer charged with #DWI
- Augusta County Treasurer Richard Homes has #been charged with driving while intoxicated first #offense in Harrisonburg and is set to be in court on the case Nov. #15.
- The News Virginian - Oct 25 #04:30am
Top DUI News, Friday, October 26th, 2012
- DJ Williams sentenced to #30-day home arrest
- DENVER (AP) -- Denver Broncos linebacker #D.J. Williams will serve 30 days under home arrest for driving #under the influence but not until after the #season.
- The Associated Press via #Yahoo! Sports - Oct 24 03:44pm
- Hall of Fame catcher #Fisk charged with DUI in Ill
- NEW LENOX, Ill. (AP) -- Hall of #Fame catcher Carlton Fisk faces charges of driving under #the influence and other misdemeanors after being found asleep #in his pickup truck in a cornfield, police in suburban Chicago said #Tuesday.
- The Associated Press via #Yahoo! Sports - Oct 23 05:02pm
- Bobby Brown charged with DUI
- Bobby Brown has been charged with driving under #the influence (DUI).
- Sky News Australia #- Oct 25 09:22pm
- Indian Valley #area police reports: Week of Oct. 19
- DUI #The following cases involving driving under the #influence charges were reported by Hilltown Township Police #Department:
- Souderton Independent - Oct 25 #10:18pm
- Singer Bobby Brown charged after #2nd suspected DUI
- City prosecutors charged #singer Bobby Brown Thursday with multiple misdemeanor in connection with his #arrest earlier this week for driving under the #influence in Tarzana.
- Los Angeles Times - Oct #25 04:29pm
- Whitney's ex charged
- Bobby Brown #has been charged with driving under the #influence (DUI). The 43-year-old singer was pulled over at 1am #on Wednesday (24 October) when police observed him driving #erratically on a Los Angeles street and the Los Angeles City Attorney #filed the charges against him on Thursday (25 October).
- entertainment.iafrica.com - 1 hour, 58 minutes #ago
- Springettsbury Twp. officer wins state DUI award
- The state Driving Under the #Influence Association awarded Cpl. Gregory Hadfield with the #2012 DUI-Top Gun Award, according to Springettsbury Township #Police.
- York Daily Record - 42 minutes #ago
- Bobby #Brown in drink-drive arrest
- LA police #arrest the singer for driving under the #influence of alcohol.
- BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat - #Oct 25 08:45am
- Bobby Brown '€˜arrested on suspicion of #driving under the influence of #alcohol'€™
- Bobby Brown is in trouble with #the law, if reports from across the pond are true. Apparently #he'€™s been arrested for the second time this year for a DUI #offence.
- Daily Mirror - Oct 24 #05:53am
- Singer Bobby #Brown arrested in LA for drunken driving: police
- (Reuters) - Rhythm and blues star Bobby Brown, ex-husband of #the late Whitney Houston, was arrested in Los Angeles and charged #with driving under the influence of alcohol, Los #Angeles police said on Wednesday. Brown was stopped by police at the #intersection of Corbin Avenue and Ventura Boulevard, north of Topanga Canyon #in Los Angeles, LAPD officer Rosario Herrera said. Herrera could not #...
- Reuters via Yahoo! News - Oct #24 06:35am
Top DUI News, Thursday, October 25th, 2012
- VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP: #Police blotter for the week of Oct. 14
- The following incidents were reported in Van Buren #Township and Belleville for the week of Oct. 14:
- The Belleville View - 13 minutes ago
- Arrest Log: 10/23/2012
- Chelmsford -- Lorraine Garthe, 45, 138 Warren Ave.; #shoplifting, warrants. -- Tu Ngoc Nguyen, 60, 4 Rosemary Lane; #operating under the influence of alcohol (third #offense), failure to stay in marked lanes, operating recklessly to #endanger.
- Lowell Sun - Oct 23 #04:43am
- Haverhill police log - The Eagle-Tribune
- WAREHAM ARRESTS: #Sept. 5, 6 - Wareham Courier
- all 8 news #articles'€¦
- Driver plows Westford lawns; charged with operating #under influence
- Ryan Vennard, #24, was arrested on Sept. 24 after he drove over 17 lawns in the #Robinson Road neighborhood, according to police. Vennard of Flagg Road, was #charged with operating under the influence of #alcohol, the negligent operation of a motor vehicle, violations of #marked lanes, failure to stop for police, leaving the scene of #damaged property, speeding, and malicious destruction of property #...
- Westford Eagle - Oct 05 #09:16am
- Police: Driver #crashes into tree, arrested for alleged drug use
- A Fitchburg woman who crashed into a tree on Madison's #west side Tuesday night was arrested on an alleged fifth operating #under the influence charge, police reported.
- Wisconsin State Journal - Oct 24 #09:25am
- Police: Driver crashes into tree, arrested for alleged drug use
- A Fitchburg woman who crashed into a tree on #Madison's west side Tuesday night was arrested on an alleged fifth #operating under the influence charge, police #reported.
- The Capital Times - Oct #24 09:39am
- Needham Police: Driving under the influence - Needham Times
- 3-Year-Old Hit #By Car Dies, Driver Charged - WCMH #Columbus
- 3-year-old hit by car in #Ohio dies, driver charge... - Your Hometown Lima #Stations
- all 8 news #articles'€¦
- Wallingford #Police Blotter Oct. 5 to 17
- WALLINGFORD - #The following people were charged by police Oct. 5: Matthew Bucko, #31, 190 Atwater St., West Haven, operating with a suspended #registration, 5:17 p.m.
- The Record-Journal - Oct 24 #06:29am
- Man #flees Whitman Police after crash, arrested on third OUI
- A Scituate man who fled from the scene of an accident #Sunday night was later arrested in the woods nearby and charged with #his third offense of operating under the #influence, police said Monday.
- Whitman Times - #Oct 15 08:54am
- Bridgewater police arrest Whitman man in hit-and-run
- A Whitman man who police say caused property damage to a lawn, #and was then involved in a hit and run, was arrested this weekend and #charged with operating under the #influence.
- Whitman Times - Oct 16 #03:39am
- MELVINDALE: Drunk driver causes cop car #crash-up
- MELVINDALE '€” A man was arrested #for operating while under the influence after he #crashed into a parked police car at about 9:30 p.m. Sept. 24.
- The News-Herald - Oct 03 07:25am
- Police log
- * Roberta Becvar, 55, of 248 Broad St., Auburn, #operating under the influence, 6:28 p.m. #Saturday on Sabattus Street. * Joseph Charles Jenkins, 38, of 128 Campus #Ave., violation of bail conditions, 10:10 p.m. Sunday at that #address.
- The Lewiston Sun Journal - Oct 15 #07:25pm
Top DUI News, Wednesday, October 24th, 2012
- OVI Task Force Plans Blitz
- The Mahoning County OVI Task Force has received #its funding for next year and is already conducting saturation patrols on #U.S. Route 224.
- WYTV Youngstown - #Oct 19 01:17pm
- OVI Task Force Gets Grant - WYTV Youngstown
- OVI task force gets money to tackle #intoxicated d... - The Medina County #Gazette
- all 4 #news articles
- OVI Task Force Gets Grant
- The #OVI Task Force received a federal grant to help with saturation #patrols, including one this weekend.
- WKBN 27 #Youngstown - Oct 12 08:42am
- OVI checkpoint to take place #Saturday in Gallia County
- An OVI #checkpoint will take place in Gallia County Saturday evening.
- WOWK-TV West Virginia - Oct 05 06:36am
- Highway Patrol plans #OVI checkpoint for Friday
- The State #Highway Patrol will be conducting an OVI checkpoint on Friday. The #patrol plans to announce the county where the checkpoint will take place on #Thursday and the specific location of the checkpoint Friday morning, #according to the Elyria post of the Highway Patrol. The checkpoint, which is #funded by federal grants, is intended [...] Click here to read this story on #The Chronicle-Telegram ...
- The Chronicle-Telegram - #Oct 23 10:30am
- OVI Checkpoint #Operating Saturday Night
- The Ohio State #Highway Patrol, in conjunction with the MadisonTownship and Groveport Police #Departments are conducting an OVI checkpoint from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. #tonight (Saturday) on State Route 317, .10 of mile south of Williams Road, #in Groveport, Ohio.
- WCMH Columbus - Oct 13 #07:58pm
- Upper #Arlington police reports
- A man, no address #provided, was charged with OVI, OVI refusal within the past 20 #years, no operator's license, failure to reinstate and no front license #plate following a stop on Tremont Road.
- This Week #Upper Arlington - Oct 10 12:34pm
- Niles man with 7 OVI convictions #pleads guilty
- Staff report WARREN John H. #Buck Jr., 42, of Mahoning Avenue in Niles has pleaded guilty to #two
- The Youngstown Vindicator - Oct 18 #09:35pm
- Cops: No #apology for trustee OVI arrest
- The #North Canton Police Department and the city of North Canton said they will #not apologize to a Plain Township trustee for arresting him on an OVI #charge.
- News Channel 5 Cleveland - Oct 11 #01:15pm
- Niles Man Pleads Guilty to 9th OVI
- John H. Buck, 42, pleaded guilty to his ninth drunk driving #charge Thursday in Trumbull County Common Pleas Court.
- WYTV Youngstown - Oct 18 11:16am
- Valley courts get an F in OVI #convictions
- By ED RUNYAN firstname.lastname@example.org #YOUNGSTOWN Because of her job for the past 10 years, Andrea
- The Youngstown Vindicator - Sep 29 #09:07pm
Top DUI News, Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012
- Police: OWI suspect resists arrest, bites #officer
- A suspected drunken driver resisted #arrest and struggled with officers, biting one of them Sunday. Madison #police requested a Monona police officer check an address in the 4400 block #of Wallace Avenue in Monona for a hit-and-run suspect and vehicle at 6 p.m. #Sunday. A Monona police officer saw the suspect car traveling down the 4700 #block of Wallace Avenue and made a traffic stop on the car. The #...
- WISC-TV Madison - Oct 22 #08:11pm
- Teen injured in #OWI crash
- An Oregon teen sustained #serious injuries in an OWI crash in Oregon Township Sunday, according #to the Dane County Sheriff'€™s Office. Deputies responded to County Road MM #south of County Road A at 11:11 p.m. for a report of a one-car crash. #Investigators said the car driven by Colton S. Reindahl, 20, of Oregon went #into the ditch after he failed to negotiate a curve. The car struck a #culvert and ...
- WISC-TV Madison - Oct 22 #06:12am
- Lafayette Parish OWI #Checkpoint Results
- During the course of the #operation 727 vehicles passed through the checkpoint located in the 3900 #West Congress Street. Of those vehicles, 11 drivers were stopped for #secondary testing. A total of 5 drivers were arrested and charged with #OWI. Below is a list of the individuals arrested. 1. Burl R. Cannon #III (33) - OWI 2. Sanchez O. Dominguez (23) - OWI 3. Blye J. #Barras (33) - OWI 4. Tyronne J ...
- KATC 3 Lafayette - Oct 20 #09:57am
- 20 Year Old #Arrested For 3rd OWI - WIFR #Rockford
- 7 arrested during #OWI checkpoint - The Lafayette Daily #Advertiser
- Chief #wants OWI arrestees monitored for alcohol use - The Janesville Gazette
- all 11 #news articles
- Teen Pleads #Guilty To OWI In Crash That Injured School Worker
- The 16-year-old ran into a security officer in the parking lot #of Hartland High School after he passed out while '€œhuffing'€ a household #product.
- CBS Detroit - 1 hour, 29 minutes #ago
- Police: Passed-out motorist arrested for 5th #offense OWI
- A motorist was arrested on #suspicion of fifth-offense operating while intoxicated after police #responded to reports of a car parked in the roadway and partially blocking #traffic Sunday, according to the Dane County Sheriff'€™s Office. Deputies were #sent to Highway 138 at Flint Road at 3:58 p.m. Callers told dispatchers the #driver appeared to be passed out inside the vehicle. Deputies said they #...
- WISC-TV Madison - Oct 22 #06:11am
- Passed out motorist arrested for 5th offense #OWI - WISC-TV Madison
- Motorcycle rider arrested for 3rd OWI; #suspect had loaded gun - TMJ4 #Milwaukee
- Police: Brodhead man arrested on suspicion of 7th #OWI - WISC-TV Madison
- all 9 #news articles
- Passenger seriously #injured in alleged OWI crash
- A #passenger was seriously injured in a crash in the town of Oregon Sunday #night in which the driver was arrested for allegedly being under the #influence, authorities reported.
- The Capital Times - #Oct 22 06:01am
- Randal Hopper cited for OWI, #disorderly conduct
- FOND DU LAC CO. '€” Former #State Senator Randy Hopper was arrested late on Sunday, October 21st for #multiple offenses...
- FOX 6 Milwaukee - Oct 22 #10:53am
- Fourth OWI charge #filed
- JUNEAU '€“ A 28-year-old man has been #charged with his fourth offense of drunken driving in five years after #getting pulled over with a .248 blood alcohol concentration.
- Beaver Dam Daily Citizen - Oct 15 #10:40pm
- Lafayette police to conduct OWI #checkpoints on Friday night
- The Lafayette #Police Department will conduct an OWI checkpoint in the incorporated #limits this Friday between the hours of 9 p.m. and 3 a.m.
- The Lafayette Daily Advertiser - Oct 17 #08:31pm
- Local man charged with third-offense #OWI
- A local man has been accused of #driving on the incorrect side of the road. Emanuel Cano, 31, 2130 Muscatine #Ave., was charged Oct. 19 with third-offense OWI and driving while #barred.
- The Daily Iowan - Oct 22 #12:02am
Top DUI News, Monday, October 22nd, 2012
- NYer charged with DWI #while driving with children
- A Long Island #woman has been charged with DWI while driving with three children in #her van.
- FOX 5 New York - 55 minutes #ago
- Dakota County police blotter
- DWI. A 55-year-old Burnsville man was arrested on #suspicion of DWI after being involved in a hit-and-run property #damage accident near the intersection of Portland Avenue S. and E. County #Road 42.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune - Oct 20 #05:20pm
- School hires DWI-slay #cop
- A former NYPD cop who served more than #a decade behind bars for killing an entire family in a notorious DWI #accident is now working as a janitor at a Catholic school on Staten #Island.Joseph Gray started Monday as a member of the maintenance staff at #St. Clare'€™s...
- New York Post - Oct 18 #11:08pm
- Manchester officer facing felony after #alleged DWI crash resigns
- MANCHESTER #? The Manchester police officer charged with DWI after he crashed his #personal car into another vehicle on Interstate-93 Tuesday has resigned from #the police department.
- New Hampshire Union Leader - #Oct 20 01:53pm
- State #Supreme Court justice faces DWI charge
- ALBANY, N.Y. '€” State police say a state Supreme Court justice #is facing a DWI charge following a traffic stop in suburban Albany. #Troopers say Justice Carl J. Landicino of Yorktown Heights was stopped about #4 p.m. Wednesday on Interstate-87 in the town of Colonie after he was #spotted...
- New York Post - Oct 18 #07:36pm
- LIE 'DWI' driver feels 'bad' about cop's #death
- A 25-year-old motorist was hauled #into court yesterday on charges his drunken driving led to the death of a #Nassau cop '€” who in his final moments got off a one-word radio call for #help: '€œAmbulance.'€ Officer Joseph Olivieri'€™s desperate request came 30 #seconds after his fellow officers already had...
- New #York Post - Oct 19 10:55pm
- City sees results from DWI #forfeitures
- The purpose has been clear: Drive #drunk more than once, and you'll lose your car. The city's DWI #Forfeiture Ordinance, designed to take away the lethal weapon of chronic #drunken drivers, has seen a side benefit of about $231,000 in revenue since #2009, according to figures released by the city.
- Santa Fe New Mexican - Oct 18 #11:19pm
- Dozens cited in DWI #checkpoint - ABC11 #Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville
- New York DWI Convicts Avoid Getting Engine #Locks - 13WHAM Rochester
- Gophers' #Mbakwe arrested for DWI in July - KARE #11 Minneapolis-St. Paul
- all 14 #news articles
- Around Northern New #Mexico
- DWI Seizures Give Santa Fe #$230,000 A Santa Fe ordinance forcing ...
- Albuquerque Journal - Oct 19 11:16pm
- NOPD Chief Ronal Serpas on importance #of DWI checkpoints
- NOPD #superintendent Ronal Serpas talks about the importance of DWI #checkpoints. In the past four years, arrests for DWI have doubled in #New Orleans. Last year, 13 people were killed and 351 injured in #drunk-driving crashes in Orleans Parish, compared to 15 killed and 243 #injured in 2007.
- New Orleans Times-Picayune - Oct 19 #02:09pm
- Fifth DWI Arrest; Van Full #of Kids
- ChimayÃ³ man nearly hit police #cruiser, officers say
- Albuquerque Journal - Oct 18 #12:17am
Stories of the WeekSkip to Content
October 15th - October 21st Motorcyclist convicted of drunken driving offense despite blood-alcohol level below 0.08
October 8th - October 14th'DWI' cop busted
October 1st - October 7th Linda Hogan Arrested on Suspicion of DUI
September 24th - September 30thCrocs Founder Caught Drunk-Driving, But Blames Taylor Swift
September 17th - September 23rdMichael Turner Arrested for DUI Following Falcons Victory
September 10th - September 16thSally Struthers Denies Drunk Driving Charge
September 3rd - September 9thUFC heavyweight Christian Morecraft arrested, charged with OUI UFC
August 27th - September 2ndSan Francisco archbishop-elect arrested for drunk driving
August 20th - August 26thAmbassador Crocker Arrested for DUI, Hit and Run
August 13th - August 19thWrong-way DUI driver gets 10 years for killing young Denver mom
August 6th - August 12thDWI inmate, 23, dies in Steuben jail
July 30th - August 5th Police: Officer accused of OWI almost hit another officer making a traffic stop
July 23rd - July 29thJudge throws out DWI charge for Albuquerque city worker
July 16th - July 22dNearly nude driver found guilty of OVI, fleeing Bainbridge Township police (video)
July 9th - July 15th Police: Car's bumper found in living room of drunken driver
July 2nd - July 8th Former NC judge, attorney indicted in DWI probe
June 25th - July 1stWhite House withdraws ambassador nomination after drunk driving report e
June 18th - June 24thWoman sues dating service for DWI date
June 11th - June 17thNFL pushing for increased DUI player discipline
June 4th - June 10thAmanda Bynes Charged With DUI, Asks Obama to Get Cop Fired
May 28th - June 3rdJon Jones Pleads Guilty to DWI
May 21st - May 27th Man with zebra, parrot in truck charged with OWI
May 14th - May 20th Blood standard for driving under influence of marijuana rejected for 3rd time in Colorado
May 7th - May 13th Colorado lab director says DUI errors aided suspects, but 2 retested lower
April 30th - May 6th Colorado lab tech blames boss for mistakes on DUI blood sample tests
April 23rd - April 29thSheriff Probed in DWI Arrest Spat
April 16 - April 22nd Driving Instructor Changes Plea to Guilty on OVI Charge
April 9th - April 15th Officer seen on camera hitting drunk driving suspect in head
April 2nd - April 8th Assistant Onondaga County DA, charged with driving while intoxicated, also accused of driving without a license
March 26th - April 1stIce cream truck driver arrested on drunk driving charges
March 19th - March 25th Beer Truck Driver Arrested For OVI
March 12th - March 18th Hell's Kitchen Winner Danny Veltri Busted for DUI
March 5th - March 11th Rockies' White may face "extreme DUI" charge
February 27th - March 4th Macomb County sheriff's sergeant offered plea deal in driving while intoxicated case
February 20th - February 26th Semi driver in accident arrested for operating while intoxicated
February 13th - February 19th Randy Travis: See His Drunk Driving Arrest Video
February 6th - February 12th Broncos' Knowshon Moreno Arrested In DUI Stop
January 30th - February 5th Drunk Driving Zamboni Driver Arrested During PeeWee Hockey Game
January 23rd - January 29th OWI charges against treasurer dismissed
January 16th - January 22nd Public defender is charged with DWI
January 9th - January 15th Police: Lafayette man threatens to eat officers, police dogs
January 2nd - January 8th Douglas County sheriff's deputy accused of driving drunk, resigns from the department
December 26thth - January 1st Sellersburg City Attorney Facing OWI Charge
2011 Stories of the Year : Snared By Draconian Drunk Driving Laws
2010 Stories of the Year : Party On
2009 Stories of the Year : Over the Legal Limit 2009
2008 Stories of the Year : Drunk Driving Bonanza 2008
2007 Stories of the Year : The Best and Worst of 2007
Back to Colorado DUI Front Page