Top DUI News for the Week of January 9th - January 15th in the year Two Thousand and Eleven
- Sunday, January 15th, 2012
B.C. senior snared by draconian drunk driving law
To bully and berate an innocent senior then punish her without a trial for a crime she clearly didn't commit.
- Saturday, January 14th, 2012
North Bay pilot facing serious charges for flying under the influence
A pilot who was flying erratically over Sonoma County Tuesday night and failed a field sobriety test after he landed at the Petaluma airport is now facing flying operating an aircraft under the influence of alcohol and other charges. CHP said the case was unlike anything they've ever seen. On Tuesday, the CHP told KTVU it was flying a patrol plane over Highway 37 near Infineon Raceway at around ...
- Friday, January 13th, 2012
Police: Lafayette man threatens to eat officers, police dogs
According to the Journal & Courier, Paul Brock, 39, was charged on Wednesday with auto theft, resisting law enforcement, intimidation and operating a vehicle while intoxicated. A Lafayette man accused of stealing a car is also facing charges for allegedly threatening to eat the arresting officers, their families and their police dogs.
- Thursday, January 12th, 2012
- Basketball: Anderson’Äôs Son Arrested, Charged With DWI By Robbie Neiswanger Arkansas News Bureau ’Ä˘ firstname.lastname@example.org FAYETTEVILLE ’Äî Arkansas coach Mike Anderson’Äôs son, Michael Anderson Jr., was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Fayetteville early Sunday morning. Anderson Jr., who is the video coordinator on his father’Äôs staff at Arkansas, was pulled over after an officer spotted him driving erratically in a vehicle .
- Wednesday, January 11th, 2011
- Top criminal prosecutor charged with driving under the influence Stark County’Äôs chief criminal prosecutor has been charged with driving under the influence.
- Tuesday, January 10th, 2012
- Man operating wheelchair under influence is killed COLUMBIA, Ky. (AP) ’Äî Kentucky State Police say a man riding a motorized wheelchair on a central Kentucky highway has been struck and killed. Police said 52-year-old Jerry Giles of Knifely was operating his wheelchair on Ky. 76 while under the influence when he was hit by a pickup truck about 13 miles north of Columbia late Tuesday afternoon. Giles was pronounced dead at the scene by the Adair ...
- Monday, January 9th, 2012
Megabus driver to be sentenced on OWI charge Feb. 16 A sentencing hearing has been set for a Megabus driver who pleaded guilty for driving passengers from Iowa City while intoxicated in October. Carl Smiley, 53, who is charged with second-offense OWI, was pulled over by an Iowa State Patrol trooper on Interstate 80 just after 10 p.m. Oct. 21. It was reported Smiley could not maintain his lane, admitted he had been drinking, and failed a standard ...
Stories of the Week
January 2nd - January 8th Douglas County sheriff's deputy accused of driving drunk, resigns from the department
December 26thth - January lst Sellersburg City Attorney Facing OWI Charge
2011 Stories of the Year : Snared By Draconian Drunk Driving Laws
2010 Stories of the Year : Party On
2009 Stories of the Year : Over the Legal Limit 2009
2008 Stories of the Year : Drunk Driving Bonanza 2008
2007 Stories of the Year : The Best and Worst of 2007
Back to Colorado DUI Front Page