Law Office of Jim Forslund
DUI News for the Week of April 16th - April 22nd in the year Two Thousand and Twelve
- Sunday, April 22nd, 2012
South Burlington soccer coach Schaefer steps down after 4th DUI arrest
South Burlington High School soccer coach Thomas W. Schaefer has submitted his resignation in the wake of his fourth arrest for driving while intoxicated in 25 years, officials said.
- Saturday, Aprii 21st, 2012
Frederick Cop Accused Of Driving Under The Influence
A Frederick police officer is accused of driving under the influence while in his patrol car and leaving the scene of an accident.
- Friday, April 20th, 2012
KU running back James Sims arrested for operating under the influence
A Kansas University football player was arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence early Sunday morning, according to Jim Marchiony, associate athletic director.
- Thursday, April 19th, 2012
Driving Instructor Changes Plea to Guilty on OVI Charge
EASTLAKE, Ohio ’Äî A driving instructor charged with OVI and child endangering withdrew her original not guilty plea on Tuesday...
- Wednesday, April 18th, 2012
Marquette High School football coach keeps job after OWI arrest
On Monday, Marquette University High School's president announced coach Jeff Mazurczak deserves a chance to show remorse and correct his actions.
- Tuesday, April 17th, 2012
Bryan Woman Charged with DWI after Crashing into Gas Pump
A Bryan woman is arrested and charged with DWI after police say she crashed into a gas pump, causing it to burst into flames.
- Monday, April 16th, 2012
Fife mayor back in court for DUI case
The DUI case against Fife Mayor Rob Cerqui was delayed on Thursday, and there are now unconfirmed reports that he is close to reaching a plea deal in the case.
Top DUI News, Sunday, April 22nd, 2012
- Uniondale Man Arrested for Wrong-way DWI
- A Uniondale man was charged with driving while intoxicated after police spotted the man traveling in the wrong direction on Hempstead Turnpike early Saturday morning,...
- Long Island Press - Apr 21 07:56am
- Victor man charged with DWI in Manchester
- Ontario County SheriffÕ€™s deputies charged Reuben Donnell Lewis, 53, of 61 Maple Ave.., with aggravated driving while intoxicated late Friday night on Main Street in Manchester.
- MPNnow.com Manchester - Apr 21 04:34pm
- Man arrested for .57% breath test read
- Shelbyville Police say they arrested a man on Friday who was driving a vehicle while intoxicated. Read more at www.WISHTV.com
- WISH-TV Indianapolis - Apr 21 07:28pm
- Readington Police charge Linden driver after spree of hit-and-run crashes
- READINGTON -- A 42-year-old Linden man was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated after an alleged hit-and-run crash spree that started in a neighboring town. One of the cars the man is charged with hitting had very young passengers.
- The Express-Times - Apr 20 08:43am
- West Amwell police charge Lambertville man with DWI
- WEST AMWELL TWP. Õ€” A Lambertville man was charged with driving while intoxicated after police pulled him over for driving 90 mph in a 50 mph zone on Route 179 near Queen Road, police said. Franco Aguilar-Valentin, 28, was arrested...
- Hunterdon County Democrat - Apr 19 09:13am
- Man charged with DWI; operating with license, insurance
- William Marty, 27, of Stamford, was charged with driving while intoxicated, operating a vehicle without insurance, operating an unregistered motor vehicle and operating a vehicle without a license Saturday, April 14, at 1:44 a.m.
- Darien News-Review - Apr 21 11:40am
- Troopers charge 11 with drunken driving in Westchester, Rockland, Putnam
- Troopers charged 11 motorists with drunken driving after recent traffic stops and investigations, state police said. Eusebio J. Martinez, 25, of Peekskill was charged with misdemeanor driving while intoxicated about 6:20 a.m.
- The Journal News - Apr 16 04:25am
- South Burlington soccer coach Schaefer steps down after 4th DUI arrest
- South Burlington High School soccer coach Thomas W. Schaefer has submitted his resignation in the wake of his fourth arrest for driving while intoxicated in 25 years, officials said.
- The Burlington Free Press - Apr 20 03:10am
- Men's licenses revoked in DWI cases
- FONDA - Montgomery County Judge Felix Catena revoked the driver's licenses of two men who pleaded guilty to felony counts of driving while intoxicated and accepted a guilty plea from a third in separate incidents. Ander Grady, 54, of 106 Elton Ave.
- The Leader-Herald - Apr 20 10:16pm
- DWI Tiffany-smash cop guilty - New York Post
- all 3 news articles
- Yonkers, Mount Kisco motorists charged with drunken driving on PIP, Route 6
- Police charged two motorists with driving while intoxicated after recent traffic stops in Rockland and Putnam counties. Taylin C. DiSimone, 24, of Yonkers was charged with misdemeanor driving while intoxicated about 1 p.m.
- The Journal News - Apr 18 05:10am
- Troopers charge 20 with drunken driving throughout Lower Hu... - The Journal News
- all 4 news articles
Top DUI News, Saturday, Aprii 21st, 2012
- Assemblyman Roger Hernandez gives up state car use following DUI arrest
- State Assemblyman Roger Hernandez, D-West Covina, was with a Kaiser lobbyist in state-issued Camry hybrid when he was arrested March 27 on suspicion of driving under the influence, sources said Friday.
- Pasadena Star-News - Apr 21 12:16am
- Amanda Bynes Arrested On Suspicion Of Driving Under Influence Of Alcohol
- Actress Amanda Bynes was arrested on Friday morning in Los Angeles on suspicion of driving under the influence, Access Hollywood has confirmed.
- Access Hollywood via Yahoo! News - Apr 06 10:19am
- Queensbury councilman accused of driving under influence
- A Queensbury council member is accused of driving under the influence of drugs.
- FOX 23 News Albany - Apr 08 02:47pm
- Bobby Brown pleads not guilty to driving under influence, other charges in Los Angeles
- LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Bobby Brown has pleaded not guilty to drunken driving and other charges stemming from his arrest last month in Los Angeles.
- The Canadian Press via Yahoo! Canada News - Apr 16 10:33am
- Bobby Brown pleads not guilty to driving under influence
- Bobby Brown has pleaded not guilty to drunken driving and other charges stemming from his arrest last month in Los Angeles.
- CTV.ca - Apr 16 12:42pm
- Off-Duty Trooper Charged With Driving Under The Influence
- Follow Your Town News On The Courant's Enfield Facebook Page An off-duty state trooper was charged with driving under the influence over the weekend.
- FOX CT Hartford - Apr 16 11:52am
- Camarillo man critically injured in fatal Santa Barbara County crash; DUI suspected
- A Camarillo man suspected of driving under the influence was critically injured this week in a crash that killed one of his passengers in Santa Barbara County, the California Highway Patrol reported.
- Ventura County Star - Apr 19 02:53pm
- Frederick Cop Accused Of Driving Under The Influence
- A Frederick police officer is accused of driving under the influence while in his patrol car and leaving the scene of an accident.
- CBS Baltimore - Apr 14 06:19am
- MARYLAND: Frederick cop accused of driving under influence
- FREDERICK, Md. 'ÛÓ A Frederick police officer is accused of driving under the influence while in his patrol car and leaving the scene of an accident.
- Delaware Coast Press - Apr 14 09:04am
- 5th District Court news
- TWIN FALLS COUNTY
- The Times-News - Apr 20 10:10pm
Top DUI News, Friday, April 20th, 2012
- KU running back James Sims arrested for operating under the influence
- A Kansas University football player was arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence early Sunday morning, according to Jim Marchiony, associate athletic director.
- Lawrence Journal-World - Apr 08 03:01pm
- Manchester woman facing drunk driving, child endangerment charges in Merrimack
- MERRIMACK 'ÛÒ A Manchester woman is facing drunken driving and child endangerment charges after Merrimack police found her allegedly intoxicated Tuesday with a child in the car. Police responded Tuesday afternoon to the Walgreens parking lot at 516 Daniel Webster Highway, where they found Tasha Fisher, 32, parked in a handicap space. As officers questioned Fisher about her parking, they observed ...
- The Nashua Telegraph - Apr 18 08:10pm
- Houlton woman accused of OUI after accident with young son in the car
- A Houlton woman who was allegedly drunk and speeding with her 5-year-old son in the vehicle on April 14, 2012, was charged with operating under the influence, operating after suspension and endangering the welfare of a minor after an accident in the community.
- Bangor Daily News - Apr 18 03:29am
- Man Accused Of Driving Drunk Twice In 3 Hours
- A Merrimack man was charged with operating under the influence twice in about three hours after driving into mailboxes Friday, police said.
- WMUR New Hampshire - Apr 10 06:35am
- Watertown Police: Erratic driving leads to OUI arrest
- Police arrested a Watertown man on charges of operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol, marked lanes violation and failing to signal on April 14 at 1:47 a.m.
- Watertown Tab & Press - Apr 17 08:31am
- Winnipeg Jets defenceman will face jury trial on a charge of impaired boating
- WINNIPEG - Winnipeg Jets defenceman Dustin Byfuglien will stand trial on charges including operating a boat while impaired, after his lawyer and the prosecution failed to reach a plea deal Thursday.
- The Canadian Press via Yahoo! Canada Sports - Apr 19 11:59am
- Westport man charged with drunken driving after Easter day crash
- A Westport man has been charged with operating under the influence of liquor, operating to endanger and violation of the open container law after a Sunday evening three-car crash at 654 State Road, Dartmouth police say.
- Fall River Herald News - Apr 09 10:12am
- Man charged with OWI, child endangerment
- MASON CITY 'ÛÓ A Mason City man has been arrested and charged with operating under the influence and child endangerment, Mason City police reported.
- The Globe Gazette - Apr 08 02:55pm
- Police: Woman arrested in OUI not charged after passing sobriety tests
- A Fall River woman who was arrested last month for driving while drunk was not charged with operating under the influence after she passed a breath test, police said Thursday.
- Fall River Herald News - Apr 12 09:42pm
- Motorcycle seized in OVI up for auction
- VERMILION 'ÛÓ The Vermilion Police Department is sending the message that there are harsh consequences to operating a vehicle under the influence. To illustrate their point, they are auctioning off a 2009 Harley-Davidson Softtail Heritage motorcycle seized in a July 2011 operating vehicle while intoxicated arrest.
- The Morning Journal - Apr 19 10:38pm
Top DUI News, Thursday, April 19th, 2012
- Ex-Miss USA Rima Fakih pleads no contest to impaired driving
- Former Miss USA Rima Fakih pleaded no contest to driving while visibly impaired, avoiding a trial that was to start this morning on a more serious operating while intoxicated charge.
- Detroit Free Press - Apr 11 06:12am
- Former Miss USA Rima Fakih pleads no contest to impaired driving
- Former Miss USA Rima Fakih pleaded no contest to driving while visibly impaired in 30th District Court in Highland Park Wednesday morning after she was arrested in December and charged Click to Continue 'È
- McClatchy Washington Bureau - Apr 11 11:45am
- Former Miss USA pleads no contest to impaired driving
- HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. - Former Miss USA Rima Fakih pleaded no contest to driving while visibly impaired in 30th District Court in Highland Park Wednesday morning after she was arrested in December and charged with having a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit.
- The Fargo Forum - Apr 11 11:26am
- Ex-Miss USA Fakih pleads no contest in drunken-driving case
- Former Michigan beauty queen Rima Fakih pleaded to no contest to operating a vehicle while visibly impaired, saying it was "fair on both ends." Fakih had faced trial on a drunken-driving charge today before 30th District Court Judge Brigette Officer in Highland Park.
- Detroit News - Apr 11 05:13am
- Man arrested on fifth OWI while another OWI still in court
- A Watertown man convicted of drunken driving four other times was arrested on another charge of operating while impaired Monday while he still has another OWI charge pending in the courts, authorities said.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Apr 09 08:46am
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office: Suicidal subject taken to Allegiance, made multiple OWI arrests, curfew violations
- The Jackson County Office of the Sheriff reported the following activity for Satruday, April 7. Deputies handled 31 calls for service, arrested three for Operating While Impaired and conducted 55 traffic stops.
- The Jackson Citizen Patriot - Apr 08 10:39am
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on burglary warrant; Super drunk stopped in Summit Township; MIP party ...
- Deputies investigated 26 calls for service, conducted 57 traffic stops, made three Operating While Impaired arrests, one felony arrest and issued one Minor in Possession of Alcohol citation.
- The Jackson Citizen Patriot - Apr 04 05:52am
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office: Large party in Summit Township results in 16 MIP citations, made 2 OWI arrests
- The Jackson County Office of the Sheriff reported the following activity for Friday, April 6. Deputies handled 43 calls for service, arrested two for Operating While Impaired, made 3 misdemeanor arrests and conducted 49 traffic stops.
- The Jackson Citizen Patriot - Apr 07 08:37am
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office: Deputies investigate employee assaulted at McDonald's, deputy arrests impaired driver
- The Jackson County Office of the Sheriff handled 36 calls for service, conducted 26 traffic stops and arrested one subject for Operating While Impaired.
- The Jackson Citizen Patriot - Apr 05 06:07am
- Former Miss USA Rima Fakih pleads no contest in driving impairment case
- Former Miss USA Rima Fakih pleaded no contest to driving while visibly impaired, avoiding a trial that was to start Wednesday on a more serious charge of operating while intoxicated. Fakih, 26, stood next to her attorney, W. Otis Culpepper, on Wednesday in 30th District Court in Highland Park as Culpepper announced she would accept a plea deal.
- Detroit Free Press - Apr 12 12:56am
Top DUI News, Wednesday, April 18th, 2012
- Flynn says MPD reviewing case of officer striking alleged OWI suspect
- "After (the case) is completed and reviewed by the Internal Affairs Division and the chain of command, the conclusions will be shared with the public at an appropriate time," said Flynn in a statement Tuesday.
- TMJ4 Milwaukee - Apr 17 01:50pm
- Northwestern Wisconsin man sentenced for 9th OWI
- SUPERIOR, Wis.Õ€”A northwestern Wisconsin man has been sentenced to three years behind bars for his ninth drunken driving conviction.
- Pioneer Press - 11 minutes ago
- NW Wis man sentenced for 9th OWI - TMJ4 Milwaukee
- all 4 news articles
- Jesup man facing OWI charge after 380 accident
- A man from rural Jesup is facing an OWI charge after an accident on I-380 early Monday morning.
- KWWL Iowa - Apr 16 08:38am
- Watertown man arrested for fifth offense OWI
- MILWAUKEE Õ€” 42-year-old William Marble II was arrested for his fifth offense OWI by Milwaukee County SheriffÕ€™s deputies around 1:00...
- FOX 6 Milwaukee - Apr 09 10:19am
- Antigo Man charged with 9th OWI
- A Langlade County man is charged with 9th offense OWI and operating while revoked.
- WSAW Wausau - Apr 11 01:37pm
- NW Wis man sentenced for 9th OWI
- A northwestern Wisconsin man has been sentenced to three years behind bars for his ninth drunken driving conviction.
- 620 WTMJ Milwaukee - 15 minutes ago
- Janesville Man Arrested for 4th OWI
- 44-year old Todd Hollibush was arrested on suspicion of his 4th OWI by Janesville Police early Thursday morning.
- WIFR Rockford - Apr 12 07:03am
- Beaver Dam Man Arrested On 5th OWI Charge - WISC-TV Madison
- Waukee Police - Nevada Journal
- all 3 news articles
- Marquette High School football coach keeps job after OWI arrest
- On Monday, Marquette University High School's president announced coach Jeff Mazurczak deserves a chance to show remorse and correct his actions.
- TMJ4 Milwaukee - Apr 16 08:50pm
- Marquette University High School football coach arrested for ... - TMJ4 Milwaukee
- all 4 news articles
- Woman who hit house arrested for OWI
- Fort Wayne police arrested Patricia Davila, 45, for operating while intoxicated after officers said she drove into a parked car, ran into a curb, then went airborne landing in a house flipped over early Sunday morning.
- WANE-TV Fort Wayne - Apr 16 06:07am
- Several unanswered questions surrounding controversial OWI arrest on Water St.
- "After it is completed and reviewed by the internal affairs division and the chain of command, the conclusions will be shared with the public at an appropriate time," said MPD Chief Ed Flynn.
- TMJ4 Milwaukee - Apr 17 08:21pm
Top DUI News, Tuesday, April 17th, 2012
- Pender Commissioner's DWI charge dismissed
- A DWI case against Pender County Commissioner David Williams has been dismissed, according to a spokesperson for Mecklenburg County Courts.
- WECT 6 Wilmington - Apr 16 12:32pm
- Aggravated DWI charged after hit-and-run crash
- A Kenmore man was arrested Saturday by West Seneca police and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated after a hit-and-run crash in Cheektowaga, police said.
- The Buffalo News - 23 minutes ago
- Car hits house, driver charged with DWI
- UTICA, N.Y.(WKTV) - The driver of an SUV that went off course hitting a house Monday night, has been charged with DWI. The accident happened at 11:30 pm just north of the Memorial Parkway.
- WKTV Utica - 6 minutes ago
- Fatal DWI crash driver to learn fate
- A West Seneca man who admitted he was drunk when he fatally struck a pedestrian will hear his punishment.
- WIVB Buffalo - Apr 16 04:40am
- [VIDEO] Police release video of Scott Owens weekend DWI arrest
- Scott Owens, arrested early Saturday morning on a charge of aggravated DWI, spent only four hours behind bars before he posted a $2,000 bond and was released.
- Santa Fe New Mexican - Mar 19 11:34pm
- Three charged with DWI over the weekend
- Local law enforcement agencies charged three people over the weekend with driving while intoxicated. - 2:59 pm Authorities have charged a central New York woman with trying to smother her boyfriend's 2-year-old...
- Press & Sun-Bulletin - Apr 16 12:11pm
- Copake man charged with aggravated DWI - WNYT Albany
- Russell Logue, hospitalized after rollover,... - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- Batavia man charged with felony DWI - News 10 NBC Rochester
- all 5 news articles
- Bryan Woman Charged with DWI after Crashing into Gas Pump
- A Bryan woman is arrested and charged with DWI after police say she crashed into a gas pump, causing it to burst into flames.
- KBTX 3 Bryan - College Station - Apr 03 04:19am
- Owens Pleads Not Guilty
- Accused of DWI, suspect must wear monitoring bracelet
- Albuquerque Journal - Mar 29 12:18am
- Cops: Asheville area mo-ped driver charged with DWI, assault
- ASHEVILLE 'ÛÓ A Candler man is facing charges after police say he was driving his mo-ped while intoxicated.
- Asheville Citizen-Times - Apr 16 05:27am
- Vehicle fire leads to DWI charges for local woman
- A vehicle fire in the town of Trenton resulted in DWI charges for one local woman, state police said.
- The Observer-Dispatch - Apr 10 06:30am
Top DUI News, Monday, April 16th, 2012
- DUI driver helps rescue victim from burning car
- A DUI driver rescued the victim he had just injured in a crash Saturday, according to CHP officials.
- Channel 8 San Diego - Apr 14 11:41am
- Suspected DUI driver rescues victim from burning car
- A DUI driver rescued the victim he had just injured in a crash Saturday, according to CHP officials.
- Channel 8 San Diego - Apr 14 03:48pm
- Suspected DUI Driver Pulls Victim From Burning Truck
- A suspected DUI driver helped rescue the driver that he injured, according to authorities.
- KGTV San Diego - Apr 14 05:11pm
- Fife mayor back in court for DUI case
- The DUI case against Fife Mayor Rob Cerqui was delayed on Thursday, and there are now unconfirmed reports that he is close to reaching a plea deal in the case.
- KOMO Seattle - Apr 12 06:39pm
- Child Hurt In DUI Crash Celebrates 3rd Birthday
- A child who was nearly killed in a DUI crash celebrated his 3rd birthday at a party on Sunday.
- KGTV San Diego - Apr 15 07:36pm
- Tallmadge man guilty of 19th DUI charge - Akron Beacon Journal
- all 2 news articles
- Middleton man arrested for felony DUI in Star early Sunday
- A Middleton with three DUI convictions in the last four years arrested early Sunday morning for felony
- The Idaho Statesman - Apr 15 08:56am
- One arrested for DUI during Santa Maria Police Checkpoint... - KSBY San Luis Obispo
- Shaela Warkentin gives testimony in DUI case - KFSN-TV Fresno
- all 8 news articles
- 59-year old Boise man arrested Thursday night for fifth DUI since 1994
- Gary W. Cloe is being held in the Ada County Jail on a felony DUI'Ûöcharge after Boise police s
- The Idaho Statesman - Apr 13 08:37am
- Utah man arrested after driving rampage in SE Boise - KTVB Boise
- all 2 news articles
- Prison time possible for man guilty of 5th DUI in South Elgin
- Tommy Droulias, 41, of Westchester, pleads guilty to aggravated DUI and driving with his license suspended or revoked more than 10 or more times Friday in Kane County court. Droulias, who was arrested last year in a stolen car in South Elgin with his two nephews in the backseat, faces up to 15 years in prison when sentenced May 25.
- Daily Herald - Apr 13 03:35pm
- Bar Refused Amanda Bynes Following DUI Arrest
- Hours after Amanda Bynes was arrested for DUI, the actress returned to the scene of the crime to continue partying at a Hollywood bar
- antiMUSIC - Apr 14 04:40am
- Jacksonville Beach police charge suspect with DUI manslaughter in pedestrian's death
- A 39-year-old St. Augustine man was arrested 14 miles away from the incident.
- The Florida Times-Union - 19 minutes ago
Stories of the WeekSkip to Content
April 2 - April 8th Assistant Onondaga County DA, charged with driving while intoxicated, also accused of driving without a license
March 26th - April 1stIce cream truck driver arrested on drunk driving charges
March 19th - March 25th Beer Truck Driver Arrested For OVI
March 12th - March 18th Hell's Kitchen Winner Danny Veltri Busted for DUI
March 5th - March 11th Rockies' White may face "extreme DUI" charge
February 27th - March 4th Macomb County sheriff's sergeant offered plea deal in driving while intoxicated case
February 20th - February 26th Semi driver in accident arrested for operating while intoxicated
February 13th - February 19th Randy Travis: See His Drunk Driving Arrest Video
February 6th - February 12th Broncos' Knowshon Moreno Arrested In DUI Stop
January 30th - February 5th Drunk Driving Zamboni Driver Arrested During PeeWee Hockey Game
January 23rd - January 29th OWI charges against treasurer dismissed
January 16th - January 22nd Public defender is charged with DWI
January 9th - January 15th Police: Lafayette man threatens to eat officers, police dogs
January 2nd - January 8th Douglas County sheriff's deputy accused of driving drunk, resigns from the department
December 26thth - January 1st Sellersburg City Attorney Facing OWI Charge
2011 Stories of the Year : Snared By Draconian Drunk Driving Laws
2010 Stories of the Year : Party On
2009 Stories of the Year : Over the Legal Limit 2009
2008 Stories of the Year : Drunk Driving Bonanza 2008
2007 Stories of the Year : The Best and Worst of 2007
Back to Colorado DUI Front Page