Top DUI News for the Week of May 8th - May 15th in the year Two Thousand and Eleven
- Sunday May 15th, 2011
- Man charged with DUI, cruelty to children Charles A. Mayotte Jr., 30, of Dummerston consumed alcohol, rolled his truck Thursday in a one-vehicle accident and endangered the lives of his two children, aged 3 and 8, Vermont State Police said in a statement released Saturday.
- Saturday May 14th, 2011
- San Jose cop busted for DUI after flipping her truck An off-duty San Jose police officer was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving this week after she drove her pickup truck off the road and crashed badly enough that she was rushed by helicopter to the hospital, authorities said Friday.
- Friday, May 13th, 2011
- DUI charge upgraded against Mike Ditka's son A DUI charge filed in Lake County against the son of former Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka has been upgraded to a felony because he has two earlier arrests for drunk driving, court records show.Michael P. Ditka, 49, was arrested for drunk driving on April 20 in the parking lot of the Deerfield apartment complex where he lives.But the charge was raised earlier this week to a felony because Ditka ..
- Thursday May 12th, 2011
- Ideas to stop DUI arrests in baseball Six major league players have been arrested for DUI since Jan. 1: Miguel Cabrera , Coco Crisp , Austin Kearns , Derek Lowe , Shin-Soo Choo and Adam Kennedy . Law enforcement is doing its job. Major League Baseball and the players' association is not. After the tragic death of Cardinals pitcher Josh Hancock and the unfortunate death caused in an accident involving former Yankee Jim Leyritz in ...
- Wedneday May 11th, 2011
- Schumer Grills Apple, Google About DUI Checkpoint Apps Sen. Charles Schumer used his time at Tuesday's cell-phone tracking hearing to question Google and Apple about the inclusion of DUI checkpoint apps in their app stores.
- Tuesday May 10th, 2011
- Chargers' Applewhite arrested on suspicion of DUI Police say San Diego Chargers linebacker Antwan Applewhite was arrested for investigation of DUI on Friday morning. Lt. Andra Brown says an officer working a DUI patrol pulled over Applewhite shortly before 2:30 a.m. in Pacific Beach. He was booked into county jail and later posted $2,500 bail. The teams calls his arrest "disappointing" and says it will let the legal process run its course.
- Monday, May 9th, 2011
- Pot DUI bill back with teeth in Colo. The Associated Press The Associated Press DENVER A bill to prosecute drivers under the influence of pot has been revived with teeth after it was watered down so it was just a study on the issue of marijuana impairment. The proposal scheduled to be heard this week in the Senate would set a blood-content threshold that would allow prosecutors to charge drivers with a DUI if they have a level of at ...
Stories of the Week
April 30th - May 8th DUI follows stop at trooper's house
April 23rd - May 1st DUI Lawyer Sues Strip Club for a 1 Night $19K Bill
April 16th - April 24th Bill would limit right to jury trial for DUI defendants
April 9th - April 17th Attorney: Forcibly drawing blood in suspected DUI cases a violation, illegal
April 2nd - April 10th DUI Chemists Blow the Whistle on Vermont's Breath-Testing Program
March 28th - Apr 3rd Retiring federal prisons director charged with DUI
March 21st - March 27th Avoid DUI Checkpoints? No App for That, Senators Say
March 14th - March 20th Open DUI cases involving accused SDPD officer could be dismissed
March 7th - March 13th Pot DUI bill gets first OK at Capitol
February 28st - March 6th Leyritz Charged in DUI Homicide Crash
February 21st - February 27th DUI Suspect Crashes Into Sober House
February 14th - February 20th DUI defense atty: Cop should be on trial
February 7 - February 13th Fleeing DUI suspect runs over cop in parking lot
January 31st - February 6th DUI charge reinstated in case where cop read lips
January 24th - January 30th Court decision could cast DUI cases into limbo
January 17th - January 23rd Judge Challenges New DUI Law
January 10th - January 16th Facing jail, DUI offender bolts from the courthouse
January 3rd - January 9th DUI suspect blames Ozzy for arrest
2010 Stories of the Year : Party On
2009 Stories of the Year : Over the Legal Limit 2009
2008 Stories of the Year : Drunk Driving Bonanza 2008
2007 Stories of the Year : The Best and Worst of 2007
Back to Colorado DUI Front Page