Top DUI News for the Week of May 1st - May 8th in the year Two Thousand and Eleven
- Sunday May 8th, 2011
- Wilmette cop caught on camera forcing DUI suspect to give her $250, prosecutors say A Wilmette police officer stole $250 from a DUI suspect by forcing him to post bail when the man only needed to sign an I-bond for his release, Cook County prosecutors said.The exchange at the Wilmette police station was caught on surveillance cameras, prosecutors said. When Anthony Lopez told officer Diane L. Grassi he'd rather spend the night in jail and use the money for towing his car ...
- Saturday May 7th, 2011
- State Rep. Parker arrested on DUI charge A Philly cop pulled over a motorist who was driving in the wrong direction on a one-way street in Germantown shortly after midnight Sunday.
- Friday, May 6th, 2011
- Tour bus driver charged with DUI in fatal crash DUI charges have been filed against the driver of a tour bus accused of striking and killing a woman in the Streeterville neighborhood.
- Thursday May 5th, 2011
- DUI follows stop at trooper's house MT. JACKSON -- A West Virginia man was arrested Tuesday evening after police say he stopped at a state trooper's house while driving drunk.
- Wedneday May 4th, 2011
- $250K bond for woman charged with DUI in crash that killed 2, injured 9 Bond was set at $250,000 Monday for a woman charged with more than a dozen felonies for a DUI crash that left two people dead and nine others injured early Saturday on the West Side.Kimberly L. Bradley, 39, of the 1300 block of North Parkside Avenue, is charged with two counts of aggravated DUI involving a motor vehicle accident resulting in death, seven counts of aggravated DUI involving a ...
- Tuesday May 3rd, 2011
- Rick Springfield DUI arrest spotlights risk of drunken driving "Jessie's Girl" singer arrested in Los Angeles on suspicious of drunk driving
- Monday, May 2nd, 2011
- Police issue warning about DUI con game Athens-Clarke police warned people Friday about a DUI scam in which a con artist claims to represent Clarke County's "DUI Division" and offers to enroll the victim in a program that leads to having the charge dismissed.
Stories of the Week
April 25th - May 1st DUI Lawyer Sues Strip Club for a 1 Night $19K Bill
April 16th - April 24th Bill would limit right to jury trial for DUI defendants
April 9th - April 17th Attorney: Forcibly drawing blood in suspected DUI cases a violation, illegal
April 2nd - April 10th DUI Chemists Blow the Whistle on Vermont's Breath-Testing Program
March 28th - Apr 3rd Retiring federal prisons director charged with DUI
March 21st - March 27th Avoid DUI Checkpoints? No App for That, Senators Say
March 14th - March 20th Open DUI cases involving accused SDPD officer could be dismissed
March 7th - March 13th Pot DUI bill gets first OK at Capitol
February 28st - March 6th Leyritz Charged in DUI Homicide Crash
February 21st - February 27th DUI Suspect Crashes Into Sober House
February 14th - February 20th DUI defense atty: Cop should be on trial
February 7 - February 13th Fleeing DUI suspect runs over cop in parking lot
January 31st - February 6th DUI charge reinstated in case where cop read lips
January 24th - January 30th Court decision could cast DUI cases into limbo
January 17th - January 23rd Judge Challenges New DUI Law
January 10th - January 16th Facing jail, DUI offender bolts from the courthouse
January 3rd - January 9th DUI suspect blames Ozzy for arrest
2010 Stories of the Year : Party On
2009 Stories of the Year : Over the Legal Limit 2009
2008 Stories of the Year : Drunk Driving Bonanza 2008
2007 Stories of the Year : The Best and Worst of 2007
Back to Colorado DUI Front Page