Top DUI News for the Week of June 27th - July 3rd in the year Two Thousand and Eleven
- Sunday July 3rd, 2011
- John Shore: On Ryan Dunn: Drunk Driving Is Wrong? We'll Drink to That It's so easy to say that Ryan Dunn, or anyone who drinks and drives, is personally responsible for whatever damage they do. But every time a drunk driving accident occurs, aren't we all at least a little to blame?
- Saturday July 2nd, 2011
- Elgin woman pleads guilty to 6th DUI, gets 8 years The Daily Herald reports: Sandra Uher, 54, of Elgin was sentenced to eight years in prison and fined almost $7,000 today after pleading guilty to her sixth DUI charge. Uher, who apologized and said she was trying to deal with her addiction, had faced up to 30 years incarceration.
- Friday, July 1st, 2011
- DUI suspect kicks officer in the groin A woman is now facing felony charges for kicking an officer in the groin. The Dover Township woman, Natasha Lynn Spotts, 27, Dover, was driving erratically in the vicinity of North George Street and 7th Avenue. She was pulled over and arrested for DUI. While undergoing tests at the hospital Spotts kicked the officer who arrested her in the groin. The officer responded by applying additional ...
- Thursday June 30th, 2011/
- DWI charge filed against driver allegedly caught with victim's body lodged in car HOUSTON - A driver accused of killing a pedestrian on the Gulf Freeway early Tuesday has been charged with DWI and failure to stop and render aid. James John Onak, 49, struck and killed Fadel Steadman, 32, and kept going with the victim's body lodged in his car, according to Houston police. HPD said Steadman had pulled his Ford Explorer into the emergency lane on the Gulf Freeway southbound near ...
- Wedneday June 29th, 2011
- Man in drunk-driving case found not guilty The father of a young woman killed in what prosecutors called a drunk-driving crash attacked the defense attorney outside court on Tuesday, moments after the jury acquitted the driver of causing two deaths and severely hurting a third passenger.
- Tuesday June 28th, 2011
- Officer Benny Lantigua's big mouth leads to gun, DWI raps An off-duty NYPD cop was charged with boozed-up driving and pulling a gun on a restaurant worker during a spat over the weekend. Officer Benny Lantigua, 32, who denies the rap, capped a ...
- Monday June 27th, 2011
- DUI suspect claims victim's bad parking led to fatal accident An attorney for a Burbank man charged with striking and killing a prominent local doctor argued in court Friday that the victim was dangerously close to traffic at the time that he was hit. A family practitioner and a married...
Stories of the Week
June 20th - June 26th Colleagues called to testify in DWI case of Bronx Assistant DA
June 13th - June 19th Officer jailed for hitting pedestrian while driving drunk
June 6th - June 12th Drunk driver ties car together with rope
May 30th - June 5th DUI Ice cream man waives hearing
May 23rd - May 29th Drunk female offenders find solace in alcohol(??!!)
May 15th - May 22nd Rick Springfield allegedly threatened deputy during DUI arrest
May 8th - May 15th Schumer Grills Apple, Google About DUI Checkpoint Apps
April 30th - May 8th DUI follows stop at trooper's house
April 23rd - May 1st DUI Lawyer Sues Strip Club for a 1 Night $19K Bill
April 16th - April 24th Bill would limit right to jury trial for DUI defendants
April 9th - April 17th Attorney: Forcibly drawing blood in suspected DUI cases a violation, illegal
April 2nd - April 10th DUI Chemists Blow the Whistle on Vermont's Breath-Testing Program
March 28th - Apr 3rd Retiring federal prisons director charged with DUI
March 21st - March 27th Avoid DUI Checkpoints? No App for That, Senators Say
March 14th - March 20th Open DUI cases involving accused SDPD officer could be dismissed
March 7th - March 13th Pot DUI bill gets first OK at Capitol
February 28st - March 6th Leyritz Charged in DUI Homicide Crash
February 21st - February 27th DUI Suspect Crashes Into Sober House
February 14th - February 20th DUI defense atty: Cop should be on trial
February 7 - February 13th Fleeing DUI suspect runs over cop in parking lot
January 31st - February 6th DUI charge reinstated in case where cop read lips
January 24th - January 30th Court decision could cast DUI cases into limbo
January 17th - January 23rd Judge Challenges New DUI Law
January 10th - January 16th Facing jail, DUI offender bolts from the courthouse
January 3rd - January 9th DUI suspect blames Ozzy for arrest
2010 Stories of the Year : Party On
2009 Stories of the Year : Over the Legal Limit 2009
2008 Stories of the Year : Drunk Driving Bonanza 2008
2007 Stories of the Year : The Best and Worst of 2007
Back to Colorado DUI Front Page