Top DUI News for the Week of April 4th - April 10th in the year Two Thousand and Eleven
- Sunday April 10th, 2011
- Con man uses DUI to try to get $650 A con man tried to prey on a woman who had just gotten a DUI charge, claiming to be able to wipe her record clean, according to an Athens-Clarke police report.
- Saturday April 9th, 2011
- Attorney Daniel Newlin blames 'overzealous' cop for his DUI arrest Well-known Orlando attorney Daniel Newlin, who was released from the Orange County jail today after he was charged with driving under the influence, accused the Orlando Police officer who arrested him this morning of being "overzealous."
- Friday, Apr 8th, 2011
- Covina man pleads guilty to two murder counts in DUI accident A 28-year-old Covina man pleaded guilty Wednesday to two murder counts stemming from a drunk driving collision that left two women dead. Alan Michael McConnell allegedly had a .15 blood alcohol level -- the legal limit is .08 -- when...
- Thursday April 7th, 2011
- DUI Chemists Blow the Whistle on Vermont's Breath-Testing Program Buried in a run-of-the-mill drunk-driving case moving through Washington County Superior Court are some explosive allegations made by two chemists employed in the breath-testing program at the state Public Health Laboratory. In written complaints entered as evidence in the DUI case, state chemists Darcy Richardson and Amanda Bolduc claim that the lab technician responsible for maintaining and ...
- Wedneday April 6th, 2011
- Former Lockport cop gets 6 years in fatal DUI A former Lockport police officer was sentenced to six years in prison after pleading guilty to being drunk and causing a 2009 crash that killed a 29-year-old man on the Stevenson Expressway, according to records.
- Tuesday April 5th, 2011
- State keeps list of where DUI suspects say they drank Many drunken drivers in Seattle had their last drink in Pioneer Square or Belltown, and cops say dozens of people arrested for DUI said they had their last drink at Northwest casinos. That data comes from what the state Liquor Control Board has dubbed the Worst Offenders List.
- Monday, April 4th, 2011
- Commissioner Arrested For DUI Has Kept License ATLANTA -- Atlanta Police confirm they are investigating why an officer failed to file proper paperwork so the state could suspend the driver's license of a Clayton County commissioner arrested for DUI.
Stories of the Week
March 28th - Apr 3rd Retiring federal prisons director charged with DUI
March 21st - March 27th Avoid DUI Checkpoints? No App for That, Senators Say
March 14th - March 20th Open DUI cases involving accused SDPD officer could be dismissed
March 7th - March 13th Pot DUI bill gets first OK at Capitol
February 28st - March 6th Leyritz Charged in DUI Homicide Crash
February 21st - February 27th DUI Suspect Crashes Into Sober House
February 14th - February 20th DUI defense atty: Cop should be on trial
February 7 - February 13th Fleeing DUI suspect runs over cop in parking lot
January 31st - February 6th DUI charge reinstated in case where cop read lips
January 24th - January 30th Court decision could cast DUI cases into limbo
January 17th - January 23rd Judge Challenges New DUI Law
January 10th - January 16th Facing jail, DUI offender bolts from the courthouse
January 3rd - January 9th DUI suspect blames Ozzy for arrest
2010 Stories of the Year : Party On
2009 Stories of the Year : Over the Legal Limit 2009
2008 Stories of the Year : Drunk Driving Bonanza 2008
2007 Stories of the Year : The Best and Worst of 2007
Back to Colorado DUI Front Page