Top DUI News for the Week of March 21st - March 27th in the year Two Thousand and Eleven
- Sunday April 3rd, 2011
- Jalen Rose Pulled Off Air For DUI 'Concealment' If Jalen Rose's DUI arrest didn't already look bad, things got worse when a Detroit TV station, not ESPN, broke the news earlier this week. Rose was cited for a DUI in early March and neglected to tell anyone at ESPN about the incident.
- Saturday April 2nd, 2011
- DUI expert: Bath salts a drug when driving Being under the influence of bath salts and driving a vehicle can lead to criminal charges, a DUI expert said.
- Friday, Apr 1st, 2011
- High-Speed DUI Offender Gets 13 Years A man who was driving drunk at over 100 mph and caused a fatal crash that killed two was sentenced to 13 years in prison.
- Thursday March 31st, 2011
- Retiring federal prisons director charged with DUI The Federal Bureau of Prisons' retiring director was charged with drunken driving in February after police in Maryland say an officer spotted him driving erratically near his Annapolis home.
- Wedneday March 30th, 2011
- Palm Bay police using Skype for DUI cases Detectives in Palm Bay are using technology to help speed up the process of swearing out warrants in DUI cases.
- Tuesday March 29th, 2011
- Law Protects Right to Slip DUI Checkpoints Want to avoid DUI checkpoints? There are apps for that. And while lawmakers called on smart phone companies last week to ban the programs that could enable drunk drivers to steer clear of traps, legal experts say the law protects hackers who install unapproved software onto their phones.
- Monday, March 28th, 2011
- Man arrested for DUI hours before hearing on another DUI charge Just hours before he was scheduled to appear in court for a DUI-related offense, a motorist was arrested for driving while intoxicated early Tuesday on the South Side, police said.John Jackson, 62, was behind the wheel of a vehicle going south on Halsted when police saw him without any headlights and pulled him over at 12:44 a.m. in the 7300 block of South Halsted Avenue, according to a police ...
Stories of the Week
March 21st - March 27th Avoid DUI Checkpoints? No App for That, Senators Say
March 14th - March 20th Open DUI cases involving accused SDPD officer could be dismissed
March 7th - March 13th Pot DUI bill gets first OK at Capitol
February 28st - March 6th Leyritz Charged in DUI Homicide Crash
February 21st - February 27th DUI Suspect Crashes Into Sober House
February 14th - February 20th DUI defense atty: Cop should be on trial
February 7 - February 13th Fleeing DUI suspect runs over cop in parking lot
January 31st - February 6th DUI charge reinstated in case where cop read lips
January 24th - January 30th Court decision could cast DUI cases into limbo
January 17th - January 23rd Judge Challenges New DUI Law
January 10th - January 16th Facing jail, DUI offender bolts from the courthouse
January 3rd - January 9th DUI suspect blames Ozzy for arrest
2010 Stories of the Year : Party On
2009 Stories of the Year : Over the Legal Limit 2009
2008 Stories of the Year : Drunk Driving Bonanza 2008
2007 Stories of the Year : The Best and Worst of 2007
Back to Colorado DUI Front Page