ANGELICA — An Almond has been charged for the fifth time in four months, this time for an alleged assault.
Juston W. Conklin, 26, of Almond, was charged at 10 p.m. Monday with third-degree assault, a class A misdemeanor.
New York State Police investigating a dispute in front of an Olean Street residence in the village of Angelica allege that Conklin struck a person, causing injury. It was also determined Conklin had an outstanding bench warrant issued out of Angelica Town Court.
Conklin was arraigned and remanded to Allegany County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bail or $2,000 bond. He is due back in court at a later date.
Conklin was also charged with second-degree criminal contempt, a class A misdemeanor, in December in Friendship; fourth-degree criminal mischief, a class A misdemeanor, and second-degree harassment, a violation, in November in Angelica; second-degree trespass, a class A misdemeanor; and disorderly conduct, a violation, in November in Andover; and acting in manner injurious to a child, a class A misdemeanor, fourth-degree criminal mischief and second-degree harassment in October in Friendship.
• Tuesday, 3:14 a.m., no injuries were reported from a one-vehicle accident on Main Street near North Union Street. Mark D. Wilkowski, 47, of 22 Ganna Court, West Seneca, was traveling westbound on Main Street when he allegedly left the roadway and struck a truck route sign, damaging it. Wilkowski was charged with first-degree operating a motor vehicle impaired by drugs, an unclassified misdemeanor, and moving from lane unsafely, an infraction.
• Tuesday, 10:58 a.m., William H. Shaffer, 28, of 1644 Park Ave., Olean, was arrested on a bench warrant issued out of Olean City Court. Shaffer was held pending arraignment.
• Tuesday, 1:13 p.m., Chad E. Smith, 46, of 211 Center St., Olean, was charged with trespass, a violation. Smith is due back in court at a later date.
• Tuesday, 12:25 a.m., Leslie E. Pierce, 34, of Salamanca, was charged with driving while intoxicated and operating a motor vehicle with a blood-alcohol content of 0.08 percent or greater, both class E felonies; operating a motor vehicle without an interlock device, a class A misdemeanor; unlicensed operator, a violation; and moving from lane unsafely, an infraction. Pierce was processed and released with a ticket to appear in court at a later date.
• Monday, no time provided, Angel R. Laprade, 29, of Angelica, was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and operating with registration suspended/revoked, both unclassified misdemeanors; and operating without insurance, a violation. The charges stem from a traffic stop on the Bolivar Road. Laprade was processed and committed to Allegany County Jail on $500 cash bail or $1,000 property bond. She is due back in court at a later date.
• Tuesday, no time provided, Anthony J. Schoonover, 22, of Richford, Pa., was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class D felony, and insufficient tail lamps, an infraction. The charges stem from a traffic stop on South Main Street. Schoonover was processed and released and is due back in court at a later date. http://www.oleantimesherald.com/news/police-reports-almond-man-charged-for-fifth-time-in-four/article_8c64de28-1940-11e9-bbf8-dbeb69149e62.html